PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rmcmurra
Sat, May-04-02, 16:17
My name is Robyn and this is my first week on the CAD. I'll be turning 40 in June and I'm just so determined to lose some weight. I can't get into any of my clothes and I'm shocked at how the weight can creep up on you. I've been exercising like crazy, but the weight is not coming off -- at least not like it used to when I was younger. I decided to try this diet after feeling so frustrated with not being able to lose any weight even though I exercise and watch what I eat. I have noticed I get really tired after a meal and sometimes I feel very hungry shortly after I've eaten. I look forward to receiving some support from this forum. I'm especially in need of advise on breakfast ideas since I'm not crazy about eggs. Thanks and best wishes.

alto
Sat, May-04-02, 18:11
Hi, Robyn! :wave: Welcome!

There's a whole forum for CAD/CALPers and you may get some good advice there. You could also check out the recipe section (look at the orange bar at the top of the page; check out the Low Carb Tips link, too, while you're at it!) A lot of people here have found that the Mock Danish helps with breakfast. If you go to the recipes section of the forum, you'll find a lot of ideas there, too.

Good luck! I hope you'll post often so we'll see how you're doing :)

rmcmurra
Sat, May-04-02, 19:49
Thanks, alto! :wave:, I will check out the areas you mentioned. You're in Washington D.C. (oh how I miss it). I moved a year ago to North Carolina from Bowie, Maryland and I used to work in D.C. for many years. I miss those crab cakes too! Thanks for your response and take care.

Robyn

msjames
Mon, May-06-02, 07:56
Hello and welcome aboard, Robyn. Good luck on your low carb journey.