PDA

View Full Version : I will succeed this time-I have to.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tiff22
Thu, Nov-03-11, 14:00
So, to say that I have tried Atkins/variations of the low carb diet a hundred times is an understatement. I knew that it was a diet that finally freed me from my continuous desire to snack and the EXTREME hunger I felt when I restricted calories, but I didn't know until recently why. I was diagnosed with prediabetes. All of a sudden everything made sense. No, it's not some kind of character flaw-its what's going on physiologically inside my body! Such a sense of guilt and shame was lifted off of me all in that moment, but also a sense of fear! I do not want to develop type 2 diabetes! So, here I am. I know I have failed before, and the simple reason was that I did not want to give up my potatoes, desserts, and bread. It's sad to admit that I have let food stand in the way of my goals and health. No more. I started Nov. 1st, and Nov. 3rd I am already down 5 pounds! I think my body is trying to tell me I am finally doing what it wants! Oh, and by the way, I have lurked this board FOREVER, but now I finally want this to be where I post my success story!

bigmumma
Thu, Nov-03-11, 20:52
Welcome & congrats on the weight lost so far!

So many of us have been here before only to fall back on our old eating habits and then later re-start again (and then again, and again lol)... wishing you much luck on your weight loss journey - stick with it and your body will thank you :)

aj_cohn
Thu, Nov-03-11, 21:44
Third-timer myself, and I read a lot about the biology stuff before I ever started, so I can relate. As they say in 12-step programs, knowledge alone cannot save us; the key is willingness.

newbjones
Thu, Nov-10-11, 23:32
Welcome and good luck on your journey! Take it one day at the time, putting too much pressure on oneself is never good :)