PDA

View Full Version : New here :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NLBloser
Tue, Nov-01-11, 10:11
Hi everyone :wave:
My name is Nichole... I will be 26 in a couple weeks... I have a wonderful (and very supportive) husband and an absolutely awesome 13 month old daughter!
I started Atkins 3 weeks before finding out I was pregnant and lost 11lbs in those 3 weeks. When I had my daughter, my Doctor recommended calorie counting, which I did on and off. I dropped to about 194, which is quite a bit below where I was when I became pregnant. I got bored though and in the past few months, I have gained close to 14 lbs. I am SICK of this!
Atkins worked for me in the past, it can work for me again!
I started new today. November 1st. I am determined to make it work this time!

CMCM
Tue, Nov-01-11, 11:11
Hi Nicole, welcome! Atkins is the greatest for weight loss in my opinion because if you do it correctly, you lose all cravings, you are completely satisfied and don't go around hungry all the time. Because the fat satisfies your hunger and keeps you full longer, you will end up eating less, which is also helpful.

Remember you are entirely in control of your eating, and if you really want to lose the weight, using Atkins as a tool, you will!

StephiePoo
Tue, Nov-01-11, 11:16
Welcome!!!! Atkins has been the only WOE that works for me. Anytime I have lost a significant amount of weight i was sticking to plan.

146pounds
Tue, Nov-01-11, 17:53
Hey Girl!!!
I always make it back to Atkins, because it's the only diet that works for me. If you notice in my profile, I've been doing the WOE since 2004 (on again off again) With the exception of having my daughter...I never really got too out of control with my body weight thanks to this WOE. Keep on track and you'll see the pounds melt off. Drop me a line in my journal if you need any help. Goodluck!

shrink_me
Tue, Nov-01-11, 18:08
Good choice! This WOE is so easy to stick to and has so many health benefits.

Cilli
Sun, Nov-13-11, 13:34
Welcome!

Adkins is deffinatly an awesome choice! Having this forum for advice (and distractions when I want to eat for no good reason!) has helped emencly. Honestly I thought I was alone in this weight struggle until I found this place. Family support is awesome, but my hubby has never struggled with weight, so he had a hard time understanding. (it's cute when he tries though) So, again, welcome, and don't be shy! :)

bigmumma
Sun, Nov-13-11, 14:57
Welcome back and congrats to you and hubby on having your daughter :) Atkins is wonderful and always works when I stay on plan lol - good luck on your journey.

Sunflower7
Sun, Nov-13-11, 15:11
Welcome, this site is great to visit for motivation and recipes. When ever you want to snack of plan, come here and review a few success stories and man it make you want to keep trying. Hope to see you around soon. Good luck

nannog
Sun, Nov-13-11, 15:16
Welome! The success stories, as mentioned, are very encouraging. There is a wealth of helpful information here. It is nice to get Info. on this way of eating and do it along with other people. It is hard to relate to weight struggles if you have never been there so, here, people get it as that is why people are on this site.
Good luck!