PDA

View Full Version : Weird Question-tmi alert

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

McCauley91
Sun, Oct-30-11, 14:52
hey there,
does anyone else notice that they urinate waaaaaaaaay more frequently on atkins, or is it just me?

bigmumma
Sun, Oct-30-11, 14:57
I'm presuming it's because I'm also drinking way more water than I ever used to....flushing the system out! My body seems to have adjusted as I've continued with this woe.

RachelBB
Sun, Oct-30-11, 21:30
I can see it at first, cause when you lose "water weight", you literally pee it off. After your body normalizes, I'm not sure why you'd go more. I can really tell if I've eaten too many carbs, I get very thirsty and don't pee at all. The next day I'm up a couple lbs and know it's from that fluid.

noinwi
Mon, Oct-31-11, 10:29
This WOE is quite diuretic. It's one of the reasons you need to keep up on your electrolytes. If you don't, you can get muscle cramping.

nannog
Wed, Nov-02-11, 19:33
I love your questions. You ask all the ones I wonder about...lol...I find the same thing. Interesting. Thanks, again, for the great question.

StephiePoo
Wed, Nov-02-11, 20:56
The first week I pee like a freaking race horse. Definitely stay hydrated. I have gotten absolutely awful muscle cramps and spasms from not drinking enough water.

CMCM
Wed, Nov-02-11, 22:08
Atkins is a fairly diuretic way of eating. Plus if you are drinking all the water you SHOULD be drinking, stay close to the loo!

kayekaye12
Wed, Nov-02-11, 22:34
yes, how do you keep your electrolytes up? The only thing that works for me it bananas...

LilyB
Wed, Nov-02-11, 23:46
yes, how do you keep your electrolytes up? The only thing that works for me it bananas...
Avocados are Atkins friendly and loaded with potassium.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-potassium.php

Elizellen
Thu, Nov-03-11, 07:56
A cup of spinach or brussels sprouts has more potassium than a banana!!
http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/food/potassium-foods.htm