PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

McCauley91
Wed, Oct-26-11, 08:25
Hello all!

Great to be here! Hope I can find some good support and love here!

I am 19 years old, 20 in 2 weeks (!) and my weight is fluctuating between 198 and 206. Like, one day it will be one and the other it will be another. It's crazy, but I know with weird fluctuations like that it is water weight.

I got married in May 2011 at 240lbs. Once we got into our house, I dropped 10lbs with no changes to lifestyle or eating, so I'm assuming that weight was stress weight. I did Atkins for a month and got down to 205. I got off due to college stresses and ate "normal" Which normal to me is low carb, just not as low as Atkins, if that makes any sense.

I attempted HCG about 3 weeks ago. HATED feeling starved so I decided to come back to Atkins, I would rather lose weight slower and keep it off, than starve and regain all the weight when I eat more protein. It's stupid. lol

Here's the deal though, when I was around 14 or 15 I was 200lbs. I have always struggled with weight. I got on Atkins and got down to 160 and about a size 4-6 in a few months. I really don't remember exactly how long it took because I was young and didn't keep a weight loss diary really. I was never able to get below 160, so I think that that is my natural body weight. I stayed at 160 up until I turned 18, where working all the time in a cafe, I started eating unhealthy and put on 30bs. Then, I put the rest on in early 2011 due to stress and unhealthy eating.

So, here I am, trying to lose weight again, I can do it, just need support :)

Eating Low Carb/Atkins is really and truly easy, I love being able to eat cheese and meats etc, which is mainly what I eat anyway. Occasionally I miss pasta and stuff like that, but I haven't had any bread in so long, I think that addiction is TOTALLY gone. I can have it in my house and it not bother me. My biggest weakness being from an Irish family, and being a redhead, is potatoes......... I shall miss them so, but I know that I can have them in moderation and still maintain my weight. I have a fairly high carb tolerance, about 100-150 before I gain. So, I just have to sacrifice now to lose the weight and then find my equillibrium/balance as to how many carbs and what I can eat. Sacrificing these things for 2 months isn't going to be that hard in the scheme of things. And I can gradually add them back in.

I'm excited!

Kirsteen
Wed, Oct-26-11, 12:35
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your weight loss. I'm sure that you'll love this forum - it's so interesting, with many great people, and plenty of support offered when its needed. Everyone's in the same boat here, and many have struggled with common difficulties and issues, so there's a lot of understanding and wisdom.

freckles
Wed, Oct-26-11, 15:20
Yep! You've come to the right place for help and support. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

:wave: