PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here...Phase 1

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jbix1958
Mon, Oct-24-11, 11:46
Newbie here...started Phase 1 a week ago. Carb cravings gone, 15 lbs. lost in 9 days (a lot of water weight). So far, so good. Having trouble with the veggies as a majority of the list I don't like. Eating a lot of different types of salad mixes (no carrots!), meats, chicken, fish...and yes...a ton of water. Vitamin taker as well as potassium supplement.

Stumbled on this board using a Google search. Got tired of being bashed on the traditional diet forums because of using the Atkins approach.

:wave:

Oh....52 year old male, starting weight 271, goal weight of 200 for now.

Cruisefan
Mon, Oct-24-11, 12:34
Welcome. I am a newbie as well. I totally understand the issue of being bashed. I know that people at work are looking at me strangely when I pull out the full fat cheese and meat along with my daily salad with extra virgin olive oil instead of that awful fat free stuff in the bottle with god knows how many additives and preservatives. And that horrible fat free "plastic cheese" I used to eat. The plastic wrapper had more flavour. Good luck to all of us on this journey.