PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anney
Sun, Oct-23-11, 07:19
Good morning!! I'm new to the forum...looks very nice!!

I'm starting my low carb journey today, Oct 23, 2011...a good day!

I've done low carb in the past, fell off but now because of serious health issues, need to get this under control.

Low carb is the only way I can maintain a healthy life style for my body.

I'm a stay at home mom, 52ish...:)..hubby is retired. I've got 5 grandchildren who are my life...and I need to be healthy for them....I've got alot they need to know from this youngish grandma!!

Looking forward to being part of the team!!

MisterE
Sun, Oct-23-11, 07:27
Wishing you the best of everything on your journey to health! Grankids are the best!

KareninDE
Sun, Oct-23-11, 07:35
I've done low carb in the past, fell off but now because of serious health issues, need to get this under control.

Hi, Anney. I just re-started last week. Like you, I have found health issues increasing, and know low carb is the way for me to go.

Making the decision to get back on the wagon, even after a lengthy absence, is the most important step. I already feel better and have dropped a couple pounds. My sleep has improved - on high carb I sleep lightly and never feel really rested. The last few nights I still awoke during the night, but my sleep was much deeper.

Look for those rapid improvements and focus on them. For me, it helps keep me on track as my body reacustoms itself to low carb.

Good luck!

freckles
Sun, Oct-23-11, 13:34
Hello and welcome! Good for you for choosing to be healthy - for yourself and your grandchildren! :thup: I can't wait to have grandchildren!

charmer56
Sun, Oct-23-11, 19:20
Hi Anney, you can sooo do this. I also have had a lot of health issues and low carb no wheat or sugar have helped me so much. I could barely walk up the stairs this time last year and now my kids tease me that i run up them like a gazelle. My 4th grandchild is on the way... and i am crazy over them. I am 55 and started Dec. 4, 2010. Very slow loss but so worth it. As many people on this board have said if you only lose a lb a week that is 52lbs in 1 yr. and time flies!! All the best to you,and my best advice is to keep on this board daily for support.

anney
Mon, Oct-24-11, 05:38
Oh thank you for the warm welcomes and the encouragement!!

You know it's hard to get back on track as those old habits sure take a hold of person...ugh!!

Yes, my body is saying, get back to square one where you feel good and your knees don't hurt!!

I'm looking forward to sharing with you all!!

MikeNJBK
Mon, Oct-24-11, 06:11
Hi Anney, I am back again also .. been away too long and boy does it show. Good luck and keep it up we can do it