PDA

View Full Version : Down 3 in the first week

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

faerywytch
Sun, Oct-09-11, 13:15
I am down 3 pounds int he first week. We had Thanksgiving dinner in there too. I admit I had a little pie and a little stuffing.. still managed to be down 3 this week and it is only week one! I am pretty excited.

Kirsteen
Mon, Oct-10-11, 05:21
Well done on getting through Thanksgiving without going bananas. The trouble is that there are going to be many other similar occasions when temptation will come a-knocking... Christmas, birthdays, parties, holidays, anniversaries, meals out, visits to family/friends, etc.. You'll be surprised how many times you'll be facing a table full of yummy high-carb treats. It's really tough, but you need to develop a very strong strategy to enable you to get through them all without crumbling. I'm further on in the diet, and I generally do not allow myself to cheat - it gets far easier as you get further into the ketosis mode, and less accustomed to indulging. Very occasionally, however, I have tiny amounts of things just to taste them. With something sweet, I'd allow myself up to one teaspoonful, count a teaspoonful as about 5grams, factor it into my daily carb intake, and keep the rest of the carbs rock-bottom to compensate. I love stuffing, but I make a sausage based one, which is fine for a low-carb diet.

Do try really hard to do a clean induction, though, because eating high carb foods will kinda work against the aim of induction, which is to get your body well into fat burning mode. The more "clean" you can eat, the better, particularly during induction.

Best of luck with the diet. I hope it'll be as good for you as it is for me.

faerywytch
Mon, Oct-10-11, 10:38
Yes, I have to admit I defiantly took the licence to cheat a little too much to heart. I think probably the wrong mentality is to think about it as cheating? Its a WOE right? . Anyways new day today. still down 3 so thats something in itself . right?