PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! TMI Alert...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

StephiePoo
Sat, Oct-08-11, 22:12
So I have been feeling uber bloated and craving sweets like crazy. TOM reared his ugly head today... I haven;t seen him in months because of my mirena. A week into this WOE and is back with a vengeance. GRRRRRRRRRRRR! :mad:

RachelBB
Sat, Oct-08-11, 23:06
Sorry.

The good thing is many of us get a "whoosh" a week or so later and drop a few pounds. Kinda makes it easier to get through.

Elizellen
Sun, Oct-09-11, 08:02
A lot of us find that eating lowcarb regularises our monthly cycles - so often that I have heard of several "miracle conceptions" so if you don't want one at the moment do make sure you take the usual precautions, folks!!

StephiePoo
Sun, Oct-09-11, 08:04
Thanks Rachel. It just caught me off gaurd last night. The sweets cravings are driving me insane. I hadn't had any real cravings in a day or to and then yesterday they came back. It's just uber frustrating.

black57
Mon, Oct-10-11, 07:18
Sweet cravings may actually be a sign of magnesium deficiency. You might find relief from adding a magnesium supplement to your diet especially during TOM. It may even help eleviate cramping. Be aware of the various forms of magnesium ...they are not created equal. I have the most success with ionic magnesium.

StephiePoo
Mon, Oct-10-11, 09:28
Thanks again! I actually hot pregnant with my daughter last time I was on this WOE and I was on BCP. This time I gave an IUD and I hope it holds up! I'm so not ready to add anymore kids for at least a year or so more. :lol:

AlaneHilo
Tue, Oct-11-11, 02:06
L-Glutamine is helping me beat the sugar cravings- I was getting intense sugar cravings, to the point of eating things that were sweet that I didn't even enjoy. Bad stuff. Taking 2-3 grams of l-glutamine has stopped the cravings for me. I take a gram in the morning upon waking and then another mid afternoon, then again before bed.