PDA

View Full Version : I am new to the whole concept of Low Carb Eating....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

brblight
Wed, Oct-05-11, 07:42
Wow, what a change in eating. Quite a shock to the system, it is day three today of induction and I already feel less bloated, I really want to get to my goal by my bday in 2012. That is the end of June so I have about 8 and a 1/2 months to "Get R Done". Same amount of time that it takes to make a baby. :lol: I am taking a multi vitamin with extra Iron, and also take 30mg of Iron everyday because, I guess I am anemic, but my question is the book says not to take vitamins with Iron, but I am hoping as long as I get regular blood work that I should be able to moniter that. I just want to feel better and I have other issues that go with the anemia, but maybe this WOE will help me feel better all the way around.

I am looking forward to having others to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

And what is up with the official Atkins site, does not seem to be much happening around there, anyone know why?? :help:

ilosthim
Wed, Oct-05-11, 12:15
Hi, I'm on day 3 also and do feel a bit lighter! YAY!! I don't know if I should weigh myself everyday or once a week or what? Good luck to us!

LilyB
Wed, Oct-05-11, 12:37
Wow, what a change in eating. Quite a shock to the system, it is day three today of induction and I already feel less bloated, I really want to get to my goal by my bday in 2012. That is the end of June so I have about 8 and a 1/2 months to "Get R Done". Same amount of time that it takes to make a baby. :lol: I am taking a multi vitamin with extra Iron, and also take 30mg of Iron everyday because, I guess I am anemic, but my question is the book says not to take vitamins with Iron, but I am hoping as long as I get regular blood work that I should be able to moniter that. I just want to feel better and I have other issues that go with the anemia, but maybe this WOE will help me feel better all the way around.

I am looking forward to having others to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

And what is up with the official Atkins site, does not seem to be much happening around there, anyone know why?? :help:

What about your B12? When I started this WOE and made sure I took my sublingual B12 CONSISTENTLY, my iron levels soared. I know this, because I have been a blood donor for YEARS and all of a sudden, I'm always at 40+ crit levels, after over a year of being kicked every other time for levels below 37... :D

Also, my puffy ankles? HISTORY. :)

I would hazard a guess that "official Atkins" doesn't really get a lot of traffic because they aren't really Atkins' baby, and they seem to push the 'Atkins' products, rather than the Doctor's philosophy...

Welcome aboard!