PDA

View Full Version : Not new with LC but new with the forums

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Titefille
Tue, Oct-04-11, 10:19
Hi Guys, I'm from Quebec, Canada, obviously french... :) Please be indulgent in regard of my english skills...
I began low carbing last year without knowing I was low carbing... A friend of mine gave me simple rules to follow in order to lose the weight I gained within last 3 years. Not that I ever been thin, but I was really devastated by the 20 pounds I gained. So, to be honest, at the very first day I was really pleased to try something that may work from first time and not having to go to gym (which I hate at that time) So I began on November 12th, 2010, following these simple rules:
1. You can eat whatever is flying, swimming or running. (Meats and fishes)
2. You can eat veggies as much as you want but not : corn, potatoes, peas, squashes, everything starchy...
3. Drink at the very least 1.5 l of water each day
4. Take omega 3-6-9 and potassium/calcium supplements.
5. No fruits until you feel you need it.
6. One meal per week, you eat whatever you want

I was at 165 pounds in November 2010.
During the first month I lost about 7 pounds, plus another 3-4 pounds the month after. I got to do searches on internet in regard of what is exactly this diet, and I found out it was a type of low carbing. Then I got to understand what's about low carbing, high protein, and everything. But at the third month it stopped, I was not losing anymore. At thought it was because my body got used to the low carbs and I would have to try something else. I turned around and tried the Canadian Food Guide. I also had chronic back pain from too much driving in the holidays, so the doctor told me I had to go to gym if I would get rid of this pain. So I went to gym following the Canadian Food Guide pour 4 months, I used to do 45min HIIT cardio and free weight lifting. I ended up en of april 2011 weighting 155 pounds... I didn't lose neither gain... .. hu.. I was sooo disappointed. A friend told me to try the MyPlate in livestrong.com so I could track all my food and know exactly how many carbs and calories I was eating. It's a big thing when you begin to track what you eat, you have a better control, you are more confident of where you are in your day. I usually eat less than 30g/day carbs.

I turned around, and went back to my Low Carb routine. So within last week of April, and a new way to understand low carbing, I had been able to lose 15 pounds in 2 months. End of june, I weighted 140.
I adjusted the diet: I added greek yogourt, cheese, berries and sometimes red wine. Kept the cheating meal. (And honestly, I add 18% cream in my first coffee in the morning!)
But... the summer vacation were there... and in September this year, I weighted 145 pounds.

I decided to go back to my low carb, anyway, I like it, i feel healthy and full of energy. And I decided to go back to the gym, to shred as most as possible. I go to gym one day on two, I do HIIT cardio for 15 minutes, and I lift HEAVY weights, by Heavy I mean the heaviest I can. So since I went back to my routine, I already shredded 5 pounds within 8 days.
I'm here to encourage everyone to go to gym, it works so much faster with the low carb!!!
I adjusted my carb intake on my training days, I lift very heavy so I really need a little more carbs, I usually eat 50g of carbs the days i'm training, it's better from my muscles and brain :)
So feel free to contact me! I would be more than happy to have a low carb friend and even more a heavy lifter low carber friend! :)
Titefille

GlendaRC
Tue, Oct-04-11, 18:07
Bienvenue titefille, and that's about all the French I remember from school 60+ years ago. I wish you much success on your journey -- it sounds as if you are already well on the way to getting where you want to go!

Titefille
Tue, Oct-04-11, 18:20
Hey Glenda, it's not bad... you guys use a lot of french words, think about it a little... you may find that you know a lot more than you think;)
Thanks for your reply, i'm effectively on my way and may need some good advices from all of you guys. :) Nice to meet you!

GlendaRC
Tue, Oct-04-11, 18:47
I was probably exaggerating just a little. I can actually read some French but I don't remember how to put it together to form an understandable sentence. And yes, a lot of English is based on French and Latin, and here in Canada, we have a lot more French words and expressions than some other places. If my French was even close to as good as your English, I would be thrilled!

Anytime you need help, just ask in the Newbies Questions and someone will be there quite quickly to offer whatever help they can.

bcbeauty
Tue, Oct-04-11, 18:49
Welcome titefille! Yes we do know a lot of french words out west... but mostly just the bad ones :lol: And all the packaging is in french too so we know the foods. :)

Bienvenu! Nous sommes heureux de vous avoir ici.

GlendaRC
Tue, Oct-04-11, 19:02
Bienvenu! Nous sommes heureux de vous avoir ici.
Now that's what I'm talking about -- I can read that quite easily but I don't remember how to say it!! Nicely done Pam!

bcbeauty
Tue, Oct-04-11, 19:18
Why thank you maam! My schooling was only 30 yrs ago hahaaha!!

Titefille
Wed, Oct-05-11, 07:12
Great welcoming girls! Thanks a lot! Already have lots of questions... i'm barely alone doing this... the other person I know is a man so it's not the same :) Yeah! I was so happy this morning, 138 lbs on the scale! Thank god I can see the difference! :)