PDA

View Full Version : New here and the last 10 pounds!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GreenFire
Fri, Sep-30-11, 08:48
Hi all,

Great forum! I've been LC using the Dr. Bernstein plan for about 2 months now and have lost close to 35 pounds. Which is great!, but i'm having a bit of trouble staying in ketosis for the last 10 pounds. (I check every couple of days). The diet's very restrictive, low cal and almost no fat. I'm eating about 1000 calories a day mostly from protein and a bit of carbs (low glycemic veg) . Up until this last 10 pounds my strips were med/large but the last 10 are hovering around trace and not burning.

My instincts are to add a bit of fat to the diet but that goes against the diets tenants, and as I go in to the office to get weighed every couple of days I guess I'm worried about going off plan.

Any thoughts?

Kirsteen
Fri, Sep-30-11, 13:30
Hi there and welcome..

Congratulations on your fantastic success on the diet.

You're very close to your goal and most people find that the weight-loss is very slow at that point. Also, every body has it's own ideal weight, and possibly you have already reached yours.

Having said that though, it might be worth changing to a different diet for a short time just to shake things up a bit. Dr. Atkins suggested that for people who'd experienced a slowing down of weight-loss on his diet. The body adjusts to the diet gradually you see..

People on this forum swear by coconut oil, and fish oils are supposed to be very good for weight-loss. Since doing low-carb, I have consciously upped my fats and oils, and have not found them to impede weight-loss. Since doing low-carb I have learned that oils and fats are a pretty important part of our diet, and I don't think it's all that healthy to limit them too much. Consequently, I'd suggest that you should gradually raise them, even if that leads to your weight staying the same for longer. I think in the long-run it would be a healthy thing to do.

I wouldn't worry about the weighing in the office. After all, it's your body. You can, if you wish, just say that you want to take a break from the weighing for several weeks.