PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back to me

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CherylAust
Fri, Sep-23-11, 09:32
:lol:

After so long away, I see my last visit here was Wednesday, Jan 25 2006, I'm back. It's been so long I need to reintroduce myself, I am Cheryl from Australia.

Back on the low carb wagon after gaining so much weight, I think at my largest I was 94 kilos, over the last few years I had managed to lose 5 of that but did yoyo between 89 and 92 for a while. I've had a fairly active job this past year and have managed to get to 87.

With a Shower tea and a Wedding coming up I decided that enough is enough, I want to be able to find clothes everywhere not just in certain stores. I've even bought a couple of too tight dresses (size 18) and intend for them to fit properly in time for the shower tea next month, the wedding (Niece's) is the week after is just under 4 weeks away. It would be nice to be a size down for that, I found a lovely dress but it was a very snug (read overstuffed) fit.

I am not really following any plan, not buying into any thing but loosely based on what I've learnt about the Body Trim plan. Right now I am on the protien only 3 day detox. Started 2 days ago, fell off wagon last night but today am right back on - it actually helps when one shops for the right food and has them on hand.

teresaw
Fri, Sep-23-11, 13:28
Welcome back....You have great goals. Good luck..

bcbeauty
Fri, Sep-23-11, 13:29
Hi Cheryl and welcome.
I too recently came back but from 2004 :)
Lots of wonderful support and challenges and food ideas, Good luck!

euphoricme
Fri, Sep-23-11, 17:07
Watch the protein your body will turn that into carbs.

Excess protein seems to be far and away the largest problem with LC diets.