PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new here! *waves*

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WoodNymph
Fri, Sep-16-11, 04:38
Hi, everybody :wave:

I'm just starting out, it's been almost 3 weeks since I started Induction on the Atkins diet. My husband and I are doing this together, so that should help. I'm looking forward to reading all of the tips, recipes and successes on this board, and getting to know fellow low carbers. This forum could be the support that I've been looking for, to keep me on track.

This isn't my first time low-carbing, about 10 years ago I followed the Sommersize weight loss plan and lost 73 lbs, then some crazy things happened in my life so I put the diet "on hold". It was only supposed to be temporary, but of course it wasn't - and I gained all of the weight back, plus about 30 lbs more! So.... I know what can happen if I sway from the plan. I have every intention of not only losing the weight this time, but staying on the plan for lifetime maintenance. If others can do it, I can, because I am the only one in charge of what goes in my mouth.

Fingers crossed! :D

nifty55
Fri, Sep-16-11, 05:16
Hi Woodnymph!

Welcome aboard! I'm new here myself and regularly check-in for support, encouragement and 'positive reinforcement' from scientific back-up.

Enjoy! :daizy:

sprinkles
Fri, Sep-16-11, 09:41
Hi Woodnymph- welcome! Will definitely find encouragement here. You can totally do this. Just remember- nothing is worth putting this on hold, because it is your life now, it is how you live your life- and you don't put your life on hold for anything :) You can't. That shift in thinking should be enough to carry you through to your goals.