PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis......can't get there!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

peanut67
Thu, May-02-02, 11:03
hi, I have been following a low carb diet for just over a week. Only on one day did I see pink, then it just went back to normal. I would love to see that viberant purple to know that I am in ketosis. I have lost 2lbs this last week.....any help would be much welcome

izzy
Thu, May-02-02, 12:26
Hi a lady called doreen who has just given me great tips on ketosis, told me to go into 'low carb tips' located on the orange bar above, you'l realise you dont necessarilly have to see the pinky red colour on the sticks to be in fat burning gear,
cheers

LittleAnne
Fri, May-03-02, 06:02
Hi Peanut, I hope you followed the link mentioned.

Its great when you can see a faint pink on your ketostix, but don't go looking for the darker purple. I thought that at first. However, you will only get that sort of colour if you are dehydrated and you don't want that, so keep drinking the water and keep faith.

You do not have to see ketosis to be in fat burning mode.

Annabelle
Fri, May-10-02, 13:34
Hi Peanut

I am only getting light purple in the afternoon the rest of the time i'm getting pink. it must be working as I lost 7lbs on my first week of induction :cheer: Keep up the good work

Annabelle (sussex)

Lisa N
Fri, May-10-02, 17:46
Hi Peanut!

Don't count on the ketostix to tell you if you're burning fat and in ketosis. If you are keeping your carbs at induction level and losing weight, you're in ketosis whether the sticks are telling you that or not. Some people burn all the ketones that their body produces so they don't show up on the sticks and some people don't produce enough ketones for them to show up on the sticks. Go by what the scale and your clothes are telling you...it's working!