PDA

View Full Version : First week weigh in

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chemgirl
Wed, Sep-07-11, 09:59
Well, I dutifully waited the whole first week to weigh myself. Didn't want to psych myself out with daily fluctuations. Didn't lose any wieght. I am going to start counting my calories as well as low carb.

I have probably just been eating way to much. Kind of happy that I didn't gain any weight though. Its nice to know that I can eat as much as I want and not gain weight as long as the foods are low carb.

I definitely consumed more calories this week than I have in a long time, but almost no carbs.

Will try to update in a week. Going to TRY and keep cals at about 1200 and see what happens. (also going to be running as my boyfriend want to lose weight, but refuses to diet).

Good luck with the rest of the week everyone, at least its a short one. :D

bmore4now
Wed, Sep-07-11, 10:02
Good Luck! You don't have much weight to lose so be patient and it will come off. There are so many stories on here like this one and in the end they reach goal.

gonwtwindo
Wed, Sep-07-11, 10:09
Hi...I had to do the same for my last 19 lbs. (count calories) Just the low carb eat-whatever-you-want didn't work for me anymore.

I started at 179 and kept on average 1,000-1,2000 calories and ended up at 160 in 5 weeks. You won't lose as fast because you are close to goal. But hang in there, the low calories thing was not that hard!

I weighed and measured everything on a digital scale that weighed in grams and ounces. I recorded everything on sparkpeople's nutrition tracker. "There is an app for that", too lol

Best of luck to you!