PDA

View Full Version : Watercure !!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Chloep
Thu, May-02-02, 07:34
have anybody heard of the WATERCURE diet ??
Or tried it ??

Details can be found at www.watercure2.com.

u basically drink water to lose weight or cure your other ailments !!!

any comments or experience to share ?

Karen
Thu, May-02-02, 08:07
Plucked from the above site, The Water Cure Recipe...

Drink 1/2 your body weight of water in ounces, daily. Example: 180 lb = 90 oz. of water daily. Use 1/4 tsp. of sea salt for every quart of water you drink.

Use salt liberally with food. As long as you drink the water, you can use the salt.

Take potassium daily.

Avoid caffeine and alcoholic drinks. These are diuretics and will dehydrate you. Every 6 oz. of caffeine or alcohol requires an additional 10 to 12 oz. of water to re-hydrate you. So don't drink them.

For some reason, this looks really familiar to me. ;)

Karen

gwilson38
Thu, May-02-02, 08:44
I wonder if a person can really drink too much water? Now I dont mean that it would harm U, however in my case I think I was consuming too much to be beneficial. Heres a bit of my history. When I started low-carbing 13 months ago I didnt drink much water at all, maybe 16 ozs in a day....maybe 32 if it was really hot. Now I didnt feel well either. Once I started drinking more water I definitely felt better. However I think I went to the extreme and was drinking at least 150 oz a day often up to 200 oz. Im thinking maybe all this was doing for me was making more potty runs. I found lately [last 6 weeks since I quit smoking ] I was retaining water. The last 3 days tho I have cut back to no more than 100 oz a day and I dont seem to be retaining as much. Weird, and maybe its just a me thing...lol

Shellyf34
Thu, May-02-02, 12:37
YES, you can drink too much water. When you dirnk too much too fast, you can actually get hyponatremia, a condition in which the sodium concentration in the blood drops because there is too much water in the bloodstream and an inadequate excretion of water in urine.

This happened to me once. I was at work in the summer ('98) and the air conditioning was out, and being that I was on the Atkins diet anyway, I though there was no harm in drinking COPIOUS amounts of water to stave off the sweltering heat. Well, I started getting light-headed and my heart started pounding, and when I went to pick up my kids at my mom's she (being a nurse) quickly diagnosed me and gave me potassium to help re-balance my out-of-whack electrolytes.

-Shelly

Lisa N
Thu, May-02-02, 15:21
Shelly...

Good thing your mom caught that or the results could have been rather serious. This also can happen to runners who drink too much water too soon after running (the hyponatremia again). But for the average person under average conditions, it would be difficult to drink enough water to develop hyponatremia. As for the "Watercure" diet...sounds an awful lot like what Dr. Atkins recommends with the low carb. I didn't check the link, but do you eat with this or do you drink only water?

Chloep
Thu, May-02-02, 23:43
so strange ..

i've been drinking more than that amt of water all along (except i dont add salt) ...

too much salt gives u hypertension does it ?

SlimShAdY
Mon, May-06-02, 02:58
I drink 2 gallons of water a day and I can down 32oz within a minute if its after I exercise..And I feel fine.. :o