PDA

View Full Version : started induction yesterday

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Magmoon
Sun, Sep-04-11, 18:58
finding it hard to drink all the water :agree: But otherwise Ok, I have been fairly mod carb for over a year now, but need to get a kick start on loosing a bit more.

CMCM
Sun, Sep-04-11, 22:18
I start the day with a 16 oz glass, drink it while I'm getting ready. It's easy to drink 16 oz then. I always drink it with ice...tastes better that way. I buy bags of lemons at Costco, and put a new slice in each glass of water. Tiny bit of flavor, but makes it more interesting.

I drink tons of fizzy water. I used to drink Perrier, but it's costly in the amounts I'm drinking. So I splurged for a Sodastream and make my own fizzy water. Since you re-use the special bottles, you don't have to bother with all the recycling AND it's much cheaper...costs about .25 per liter of fizzy water.

I keep a 16 oz glass going all the time, sip sip sipping. Remember, a 16 oz. glass is considered 2 cups of water, and it really isn't all that much.

You get used to this after awhile, seems normal. Just stick with it!

Magmoon
Mon, Sep-05-11, 10:45
Thank you, I am definitely going to start drinking earlier in the day, getting up twice last night for bathroom, was no fun at all.
At my age, it is harder to fall back to sleep.

kvcooks
Mon, Sep-05-11, 11:01
Boy, MagMoon- that's my problem, too. I've never enjoyed drinking water (or anything else for that matter). I was probably always dehydrated. But when I started Atkins, I tried to increase my water intake and, as a result, am getting up at least twice every night. To make matters worse, our master bath is being remodeled which means I have to tromp down a spiral staircase to use the downstairs bathroom. It's getting really old! :mad:

alto
Mon, Sep-05-11, 11:03
Welcome, MagMoon! I'm best with the 16 ounces in the morning, too. I did it once when I was taking a lot of supplements, and by the time I'd taken the supplements, the water was gone!

Good luck!

WereBear
Mon, Sep-05-11, 11:13
Bunch up your water towards the beginning of the day. Make a point of always going to the bathroom right before going to bed; even if it seems like you don't have to.

Also, if you are new to it, the body sometimes adjusts and stops "ringing the alarm" so often.

freckles
Mon, Sep-05-11, 13:51
Also, if you are new to it, the body sometimes adjusts and stops "ringing the alarm" so often.

This was my experience.

Magmoon
Wed, Sep-07-11, 11:19
well day 5 & scales are still the same, I feel the same. I am going to be so bummed if I don't loose by the end of the week, when it will have been a week. Does anyone think, that because I was already eating low carb, but drinking wine, that my diet did not really change, it won't have much affect on me????

Elizellen
Wed, Sep-07-11, 14:09
I would suggest doing a full 2 weeks on induction before evaluating your progress by measuring your body (usual half a dozen places plus maybe wrists, neck if you feel you have excess fat there) and weighing to see if you have any progress to show for it.

If you were already lowcarbing I think it is probable that any weight and inches you do lose will be FAT, which is great!!

Magmoon
Thu, Sep-08-11, 11:38
thank you. I do feel lighter today, which is inspiring me to keep at it. DH is also on the diet & yesterday he was very cranky, upset about another issue. And it was hard for me to stay on plan, plus keep him on plan, but we made it YAY!