PDA

View Full Version : New comer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MyFit11
Sat, Sep-03-11, 19:58
Hi, my name is Elena. I am a compulsive over eater and indulger of high carbs and sweets. My overweight gut and family history predisposes me for diabetes, but this has not given me a good scare since my HgbA1C is actually quite good (4.7), however I am not able to love myself in this body and I want to lose all my excess weight before my 38th birthday.

I have done Atkins and South Beach with some success after falling off the wagon. This time my goal is to follow a 20gm or less low carb diet and to exercise regularly (4-5x/wk).

I begin my weight loss journey with you as my support.

teresaw
Sun, Sep-04-11, 06:06
Hi, Elena, welcome. Good luck on your journey, this way of eating is easy to follow, it's all real food, and you should never feel hungry... concentrate for a few weeks and you'll be hooked. There is so much help and information here so don't be shy to ask for help. See you around.... :wave:
Don't forget to take your measurements now so that you can check on them later on... very important!

MyFit11
Mon, Sep-05-11, 05:15
Thanks so Teresaw for all the positive tips you have provided. I most certainly will take my measurements and before photos to post in the gallery as you suggested. See ya around.

teresaw
Mon, Sep-05-11, 05:39
Oh, and start a journal. It's a nice place to go when things are good and when things get a little rough.... you can rant to your hearts content, no one will judge you here.

MyFit11
Tue, Sep-06-11, 16:15
Hi Teresaw,

Well my first three days on LC program was not feasible for me. I live in
Austin, TX where we were evacuated from our home due to extensive fires since Sunday, and unfortunately I was unable to prepare my self with low carb foods. We literally left one fire to enter another fire, wher my parents live to seek refuge. So, it's been a bit stressful the past few days to say the least. I will be returning home today, and from what I understand our home is still standing. Perfect scenario for journaling, as you suggested.

teresaw
Wed, Sep-07-11, 05:50
I'm sorry.... Bad times for you... and stressful. When you get settled back home, and I hope its is all o.k....we'll still be here. You go look after you and yours, and good luck. :wave: