PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Brandon44
Thu, Sep-01-11, 13:17
Hello,

My name is Brandon and I am from Mississippi. I have been doing Atkins for about 3 days now and I've already lost about 5 lbs (I'm sure its mostly water weight, but still enjoying the feeling). So far, I have really enjoyed it because it combines my two favorite things beef and bacon!!

To tell a little about what motivated me to make this change in my life, I am 25 yrs old, just graduated from grad school and realized that I was going to be behind a desk for about 8 hrs a day for the foreseeable future. This honestly scared me because I have always been overweight, but I was also active so it didn't bother me as much. Anyway, after working for 3 months I had gained 10 lbs and decided enough was enough. As I said, so far I'm really enjoying the food, and hope that I can keep going strong until I reach my goals, and then maintain my weight loss.

Hope everyone is having a blessed day!!
Brandon

scrlt9900
Thu, Sep-01-11, 13:34
Welcome and best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll find some great people and food ideas here :-)

cjmobxnc
Thu, Sep-01-11, 14:18
Hi, Brandon, and welcome to the forums. You'll learn a lot and meet so many nice people.

You mentiond graduating from grad school... what degree did you get and what kind of work are you doing? I'm going back to school online now, and am really enjoying it.

Brandon44
Thu, Sep-01-11, 15:43
I graduated from law school. I've been working for some judges in my home town as a law clerk, and really enjoy it. I'm kind of a nerd, so the research and writing appeal to me.

What degree are you working on online?

freckles
Thu, Sep-01-11, 16:44
Hello! :wave:

You've found a great place for help and support!

cjmobxnc
Fri, Sep-02-11, 14:03
Hi, Brandon. I'm getting an AA in Healthcare Administration. I want to get my Bachelors and eventually my Masters. I was really sick a couple of years ago and I became fascinated with the processes used in the business end of healthcare. I eventually want to either work at the free clinic where I am currently getting my medical care and medication, or help my daughter start her own clinic for children and women who are either abused or are sick and can't afford healthcare.