PDA

View Full Version : Livin The Low Carb Life

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dmoffett
Tue, Aug-30-11, 14:45
Love my low carb lifestyle.
I've lost 197 pounds in the past 18 months. Down from 336 pounds.
My life style change was brought about by the sudden death of my dear wife of 37 years. She died of a massive stroke. After she died I found out she had high blood pressure and diabetes.
For the sake of my children still at home and my first grand child that was on the way, I knew I had to change. 18 months later and I'm down below 200 pound for the first time in at least 25 years. I feel great, have lots more energy and ready to share my story with others. If anyone is interested. I've put it down in a blog.

houdcat
Tue, Aug-30-11, 14:55
Hi Dan,

I am so sorry about the loss of your wife. But what an amazing weight loss success story. I am going to read your blog and I know that I will be greatly encouraged by it.

Cheryle

lovemypets
Tue, Aug-30-11, 15:02
Thank you for sharing your story Dan
How difficult that must have been....
I've been married 26 years and literally cannot imagine losing my spouse.

It was good to read that your daughter is supporting you.....
but how couldn't she
look at how well you are doing ;)

LC213
Tue, Aug-30-11, 15:49
That is a LOT of weight! If my math is correct, you now weigh 139 lbs.... is that correct? May I ask how tall you are?

LC213
Tue, Aug-30-11, 15:50
Nevermind.... I just took a look at your blog... you actually weigh 197 now... that is wonderful... congratulations!

dmoffett
Tue, Aug-30-11, 18:01
Thanks to you all. Glad to be among those who feel the same way I do on carbs, and weight loss. It has been a difficult year. The up side is I feel much better with the weight loss. I am able to get down and play with my little grand daughter born a month after the death of my wife. I am able to get back into my crafts. I've starting to make rustic furniture again for the first time in years. Feels good.

shannone10
Tue, Aug-30-11, 19:56
Jim this is such an inspirational story! Read his blog everybody!!!!

Surprisingly, the post that jumped out at me was the one discussing food addictions. WOW. I come from families that have had a good share of substance abuse. And I was starting to beat myself up about enjoying wine moderately. Last September I started on a sensible LF/LCal diet. I lost 17 pound over eight months. But it was horrible. I was mostly eating things like Lean Cuisines and Egg Mcmuffins. I thought I had always been aware of healthy eating issues before. I stuck it out though, and I did lose around 17 pounds. I honestly did think like an addict. After I consumed my little tray of diet food, I immediately started thinking about my next meal, both craving it and dreading it.

Since going very LC in mid-April I have lost another 18 pounds. Eating way more food. Good food! And feeling SO much better!

I am as incredulous as you about the resistance to this solution. But keep putting it out there!

Best wishes to you and your family.

LilyB
Tue, Aug-30-11, 22:32
Welcome aboard.
I've bookmarked your blog.

cjmobxnc
Wed, Aug-31-11, 13:02
My life style change was brought about by the sudden death of my dear wife of 37 years. She died of a massive stroke. After she died I found out she had high blood pressure and diabetes.
For the sake of my children still at home and my first grand child that was on the way, I knew I had to change. 18 months later and I'm down below 200 pound for the first time in at least 25 years. I feel great, have lots more energy and ready to share my story with others. If anyone is interested. I've put it down in a blog.

Dar, first off let me say that I am truly sorry to hear about your wife. I am also diabetic (T2) with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Reading your message inspired me in and of itself, and I am going to go read your blog and bookmark it soon for more inspiration.

dmoffett
Sun, Oct-23-11, 08:18

That 197 pound loss is a miss print. I've now lost 142 pounds, I'm down to 194 pounds. ONDERLAND!
Check out my blog.