PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bess58
Wed, Aug-24-11, 03:50
Hi, greetings to you all! :wave:

I'm new to this board, but not new to low-carbing which I started 5 years ago. I'm more on the paleo / primal side of things, although I do dairy.

Postmenopausal female and at the moment not aiming for weightloss. Weight has been going up and down for the last years, but my health has gotten better. Presently I've got bigger problems healthwise (dealing with recently diagnosed genetic disease), so weight is not a priority.

I won't be writing much, but rather be cruising for information, maybe from time to time chime in with an interesting link or tidbits about lowcarbing in Germany.

English is not my native language, so bear with me.

Regards, Bess

teresaw
Wed, Aug-24-11, 06:24
Welcome, hope you find helpful information here. You English is perfect, so no worries there. Good luck and see you around. :wave:

lizzyLC
Wed, Aug-24-11, 08:08
Hi Bess - welcome.

As teresaw said - your English is perfect.

howlovely
Wed, Aug-24-11, 08:51
Wilkommen Bess! Dein Englisch ist perfekt! Keine Sorgen!

I live in Germany too. Latest thing I saw is that there is a new Paleo restaurant in Berlin. I hope Paleo becomes more popular in Germany.

Bess58
Wed, Aug-24-11, 09:18
Hello, teresaw, lizzy and howlovely,

thanks a lot for your warm welcome! :wave: Also thanks for your compliments re: my English, but it's sort of my job.

Howlovely, where in Germany are you (if you want to share)? I'm in Cologne. I've heard about the new Paleo restaurant; :yum: it was featured on Mark's Daily Apple, but also in our local paper. Alas, it's in Berlin. Germany may be small, but it's still too far away to go there for an evening ...

Have a nice day everybody!

howlovely
Wed, Aug-24-11, 09:23
Right now I am in Bremen but I will be in Berlin for one year starting September 1. I will definitely be going to the Paleo restaurant when I get there, and I will let you know how it is.

Ich freue mich sehr darauf!

Bess58
Wed, Aug-24-11, 09:50
Howlovely: Wunderbar! Dein Deutsch ist perfekt!

Looking forward to your first-hand report about the Paleo restaurant (if I remember well, the name is "Sauvage", which is French for "wild", very fitting).

Best wishes for your move!

Brinethery
Wed, Aug-24-11, 09:56
Your English and grammar is better than most Americans I know. Welcome to the forum!

Bess58
Wed, Aug-24-11, 13:02
Brinethery,

thanks for your welcome and for the compliment! Blushes (is there no smiley for that?)

teresaw
Wed, Aug-24-11, 13:20
:D :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :lol: is that enough blushing for you.... looks more like a hot flash to me!

Bess58
Wed, Aug-24-11, 13:50
Teresaw,

I'm also great on hot flashes ... Always saying that postmenopausal women can save a lot of money because they don't need central heating any more!

But seriously, now I found the rest of the smileys. Didn't think to enlarge the "more" box.

So you are in Italy. I spent serveral vacations on the island of Ischia, very nice. Loved the landscape and the hot springs. But I never mastered that language!

Howlovely,

I just recalled that there is a primal facebook group now in German. I'm not so much into all this modern communication, this is more for young people (my daughter is skyping with her best friend while I type this). Maybe that's interesting for you. I just know that on Mark's Daily Apple there is a German member, a girl nicknamed "Eule" that has got an English / German Blog and started that facebook page lately.

Have a nice day all! (Here it's evening, we are some hours ahead of you in the USA.)