PDA

View Full Version : I believe, at last I believe!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hey_Neener
Sat, Aug-20-11, 20:47
I've been lowcarbing on and off since 2003. In all that time, I've read of the virtues of cauliflower as a potato substitue, and was skeptical and wouldn't try it. Recently I read about cauliflower "rice" and finally gave it a try. There is almost no taste to it, and it made a great rice substitute base under my chili verde! Finally! I believe!
It was as simple as grating in the food processor, using a vented covered bowl and microwaving for five minutes. Mmmm mmm!

freckles
Sat, Aug-20-11, 21:42
This is funny! I <too> have been lc-ing since 2003 and never have tried the cauli rice. I'm not a huge fan of rice, but I've been climbing the carb ladder and thinking ahead and I DO like fried rice....Been hoping I can include it, but if I can't I will def try the cauli rice!

As far as cauli as a potato replacement....worked pretty well for me when I could have dairy and add cream cheese/sour cream/cheddar....but now that I can't it's not even close unless I have a meat gravy from a roast or some such. :yum:

mainecyn
Sat, Aug-20-11, 21:49
I was very skeptical as well. It actually becomes addictive.

hey_Neener
Sat, Aug-20-11, 22:02
I'm suspecting as much, I'm already planning to get another head tomorrow.

Elizellen
Sun, Aug-21-11, 03:59
I also use caulirice in stirfries! That reminds me, I have a tupperware box of grated cauliflower in the fridge, so might make one tonight.

walnut
Sun, Aug-21-11, 08:31
caulirice is also great for homemade sushi :)

Nancy LC
Sun, Aug-21-11, 08:33
I use cauliflower to make Pad Thai. I also use kelp noodles when I have them. Both are great!

scthgharpy
Sun, Aug-21-11, 15:12
I have gone and made myself absolutely sick of all cauliflower dishes.

hey_Neener
Sun, Aug-21-11, 22:23
We had kabobs and broccoli tonight. I figure one cauliflower meal a week should keep us from getting tired of it. I restarted my low carb in support of my son who needed to drop ten pounds for the service. He is down 15 pounds and liking the food. I'm sticking with it for the time being, knowing how many times I've had to restart over the years, I'm not getting cocky.