PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Denym001
Sat, Aug-20-11, 13:36
Hello to All from another New Newbie - well, maybe not a complete newbie, as I first tried Atkins dieting when it originally came out back in '72 - I was all of 17 years old- and found it was the Best Diet Ever - I didn't need it quite as much then, but I lost 14 lbs the very first week and don't beleive I've been as impressed with anything, anywhere ever since. In the intervening (you-do-the-math) decades I managed to accumulate an impressive Safety Rim (in case of famine!) that has stubbornly refused to go away for a variety of both good and bad reasons, but mostly because it just never bothered me enough to get to dealing with it.

Lately, however, I have found myself with a bit more time for myself and fewer hormones to sabotage me - and I am diving back into Atkins with the intent of finally re-inventing myself. I managed two weeks of seriously doing Induction just recently that wiped 10 lbs from the scale and impressed me all over again! So I logged in and surfed the internet for information more current than my tattered paperback - and speaking of Impressive - THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS WEBSITE!

I don't imagine I will ever get through all of the threads and posts, but I've already found several topics of immediate personal interest for health, fitness and culinary reasons and the members all seem so friendly and genuine and I am already looking forward to the support I am going to find in this LC Community! I am happy to join in! :thup:

Gotta Love it.

Denym :wave:

teresaw
Sat, Aug-20-11, 14:19
Welcome. Denym.... You know what to do, you've read all the info, you know it works, we're here to help each other... so, its all good. Good Luck and hope to see you around....

freckles
Sat, Aug-20-11, 17:13
Hello and welcome! :wave: