PDA

View Full Version : Help I'm not losing weight anymore.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Chester
Wed, May-01-02, 11:53
Hi,

My name's Debra. I've been doing the induction plan for 3 weeks now.. When I started I lost nearly 12lbs. Now nothing seems to be happening.

wbahn
Wed, May-01-02, 23:40
Don't worry about it - not for quite a while anyway. Plateauing for a while in the first few weeks is very common.

You might check out this:

wbahn's 14 week chart (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?threadid=31489&perpage=15&pagenumber=32)

disneybebe
Thu, May-02-02, 04:14
Hi Debra,
My name is Bebe, nice to meet u ;)
U've lost 12lbs in 3 weeks, that is excellent progress :thup: If u even it out, that's 4lbs a week! Congratulations, WTG :cheer:
I'm gonna say this annoying thing & pls don't hate me for it, "please be patient" ;)
I lost only 2lbs in the first couple of months, look at me now ;)
I wish u every success on your LC journey!

Bebe :wave:

LittleAnne
Thu, May-02-02, 06:27
Hi Debra

That 12 pounds in 3 weeks is excellent news - you are 50% of the way to your goal. :cheer: :cheer:

I know the scales are not moving, and yes it is frustrating, but your body needs to readust to what it has just lost. Whilst you are loosing fat, it is probably holding onto extra water. Someday soon the whoosh fairy will come visit and the scales will move again. You did not put on that weight overnight, but like most of us, we want instant success.

Don't forget this is not just a quick fix diet, but a way of eating for life to stop those pounds creaping back on again.