PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Good

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alcee78
Tue, Aug-16-11, 13:21
After realising how awful I looked when I saw photos of myself at a family wedding last weekend I decided something needed to be done, and that something is low carbing.

It's only been three days but I feel so much better about myself already and I'm hoping that if I keep posting on here it will keep me inspired. My plan is to drop a couple of waist sizes by Christmas by low carbing and weight training.

bjcfinn
Tue, Aug-16-11, 18:29
I haven't looked into the exercise forum, but have been wanting to. That would be nice to drop a couple waist sizes! Hope we can accomplish that!

alcee78
Wed, Aug-17-11, 09:32
It's going to be heavy weight training for me as I figure bigger muscles should mean my body has to switch to burning fat even quicker. That's the plan anyway, hopefully I'll see it's working over the next couple of weeks.

RachelBB
Wed, Aug-17-11, 20:51
Those wedding photos are what get a lot of folks on board here! Seeing yourself on film is a great motivator. Think what great before shots they'll make.

alcee78
Thu, Aug-18-11, 01:57
I've a headache today, only natural as my body adapts to the new regime I suppose. Can anyone tell me how long they seem to last? Thanks.

teresaw
Thu, Aug-18-11, 05:30
They only lasted on and off for 2 days with me, everyones different. It just felt like a bit of a hangover... but the benefits far outweighed the negatives with low carb. No bloat, belly ache, more satisfaction with meals. To be honest I ate more food in the first month than I ever do, and I lost a good few inches. Water even tasted better, and I am not a water lover. Good luck on your journey.. :wave:

alcee78
Thu, Aug-18-11, 08:02
Thanks for the reply. It's definitely annoying to feel hungover without any of the fun of drinking but I know it'll be worth it by Christmas. :)

bjcfinn
Thu, Aug-18-11, 18:39
Every time I have to go off carbs again I get a headache. But only for a couple days. It tends to make me stronger next time I consider indulging. The withdrawals are not worth it.

shannone10
Thu, Aug-18-11, 20:17
I posted in another thread about how awful I felt after my first real "cheat" in four months.

It was pretty minor, and just one night.

But pretty nasty!

I think I'll stick with this, thanks!

alcee78
Wed, Aug-31-11, 08:05
Another 13 pounds dropped in the last two weeks and I've had to take my belt in two notches. I definitely love low carbing. :D

teresaw
Wed, Aug-31-11, 08:34
way to go.......