PDA

View Full Version : It's working! It's working!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

robbins777
Mon, Aug-15-11, 21:25
wow! i had no idea there would be so many LCers out there! Yea! I'm not alone in this! I've been on a hypoglycemic diet for 2 weeks now & I'm actually getting to enjoy it. I started to panic that I've only lost 2 lbs. in two weeks until someone on this site stated that scales are not necessarily a good judge--i should probably start measuring inches instead. Whew! What a relief! (And I have noticed a mild slimming of my body).
I started this diet because I realized I had many signs of hyperinsulemia (insomnia, anxiety, ravenous hunger all the time, etc.) and I want to lose weight (inches :). I'm 5'6", 182 lbs.
I found this site tonight because I just saw pictures of myself from a few days ago & I just want to curl up & cry. I've struggled with weight my whole life & I'm sick of it.
It gives me strength to know that ya'll are in it with me!

bjcfinn
Tue, Aug-16-11, 18:26
Yes, I have found the scale doesn't know. Also, it seems I get stronger on the low carb, more toned, so it seems I weigh the same, yet my clothes fit better. Hope it works for you. When I eat carbs, my anxiety is out of control. So even if I lose very slowly, mentally and emotionally this is a better WOE.