PDA

View Full Version : First day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

robinsnest
Sat, Aug-13-11, 16:41
Hi everyone. I'm brand new here and this is my very first day of Atkins Induction. It's a little frustrating how hard of a time I am having with my cravings. I was going so strong this morning but now they are kicking in big time. It sure doesn't take long for those habits to try to take over. I'm really struggling. I've tried changing my eating habits so many times but I have never even made it through the first day. I'd love any support, words of encouragement or tips to get myself through the night without diving into my daughters pretzel m&m's.

Robin

TChice
Sat, Aug-13-11, 17:05
Remember this - those cravings will last for a few more days and GO AWAY. Caving to them again will last a lifetime. If you can tell yourself "I don't want to poison myself" and eat something on plan, it will help immensely. Every time you cave you have to start over.

ralphie
Sat, Aug-13-11, 17:52
Hi Robin -
I just finished the Induction, so I know what you are going through! I also had terrible cravings the first few days...but around day 3 or so, I stopped being hungry and the cravings do go away.

One thing that I did notice during the first few days is that my cravings kicked in around 3 in the afternoon and lasted until about 9 in the evening. So I found it helpful to set up a project that would keep me busy during that time period. I also noticed that drinking cups of hot chicken broth through that time period is very comforting and hydrating, so it really helps. Good luck!

robinsnest
Sun, Aug-14-11, 08:48
I am sooo happy! I made it through my first day with no cheating at all. That's the first time I've done that in years. I'm so proud of myself I can't even believe it. I know this probably sounds crazy because it's only been one day but it's just been an impossible hurdle to get across for me. I woke up so motivated and happy. Thank you for your support and I hope that in time I will be able to be a support to others as well. Now, let's just hope I can make it through day #2!

:yay:

Ryevels Ma
Sun, Aug-14-11, 19:21
You can do it!!! The fact that the cravings go AWAY are enough to really make me want to stick to it! I used to get so hungry that I did not care what I ate....and would always make BAD choices!!! Super bad choices!!! I am so satisfied and NOT hungry!! Stick with it girl and you will feel the same!!

robinsnest
Mon, Aug-15-11, 17:50
I've made it almost through my third day with no cheating at all. I'm so proud of myself I can barely stand it. The cravings were MUCH better today although I'm having some tummy troubles, but I think that's just my body adjusting to the change. I'm diabetic and this has made such a dramatic (positive) difference in my blood sugars already. Super happy today!!!!