PDA

View Full Version : New Here....and Hello!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ryevels Ma
Tue, Aug-09-11, 14:27
Hello All! I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. I have done Atkins a few times in the past and usually lost around 20lbs each time. But stopped, went back to my old eating habit and neadless to say gained it all back and then some. I am only on day 2 of Atkins but really committed to doing it the right way this time. In the past I have gone zero carbs - and after about a month of that I would stop and go back to my old habits. I want to do it the right way this time. I have been poking aroung this site all day and it seems really supportive and motivating. Glad I found it! I would like to lose 75-80lbs. If there is anyone with about the same to lose and would like a 'buddy' I would be interested!!! :)

shopjunkie
Tue, Aug-09-11, 15:08
Hello! :wave:

Welcome to the forum!

The great thing about this place is that everyone is a 'buddy' around here. :D

All the best! :) :) :)

lovemypets
Tue, Aug-09-11, 15:11
The great thing about this place is that everyone is a 'buddy' around here. :D
So true.... I started a little over 3 months ago and boy....
let me tell you what a great source of support I get from the people on this site!

TChice
Tue, Aug-09-11, 16:51
So true.... I started a little over 3 months ago and boy....
let me tell you what a great source of support I get from the people on this site!

Ditto!

Welcome back to lc. I hope you make it work for you this time!

Mom2Alex
Sun, Aug-14-11, 15:17
I want to do it the right way this time. I have been poking aroung this site all day and it seems really supportive and motivating. Glad I found it! I would like to lose 75-80lbs. If there is anyone with about the same to lose and would like a 'buddy' I would be interested!!! :)

Hi Ryevels Ma! I just joined these forums today. I want to do it right this time as well! For me, it will be about a permanent lifestyle change. Been on induction for just over a week now. Our weight and weight loss goals are pretty close. Don't think I will be able to get to the 130's, though! I didn't quite gete there the first time around. As of right now, I would be happy to reach 143....but that is a long ways down the road! All I can say for now is to take it one day at a time. There will be days when your weight fluctuates, and even climbs. Don't let that get you down, stick to your Lo Carb. Last week, I was 209.5 one day, 208 the next, 209 the next, then dropped to 207. The weight will come off, but we can't expect to have the weight loss every day on the scales. Hang in there!

robinsnest
Sun, Aug-14-11, 15:45
I was thinking the same thing earlier today about having a "buddy". I tried to send you a message but it wouldn't let me. I'm still learning how to navigate the site a little. Anyway, I'd love to have someone to work through this process with a little. Let me know!

Robin

Ryevels Ma
Sun, Aug-14-11, 19:13
Hey Mom2Alex and Robinsnest!! Let's all "buddy" up. We all seem to be in the same range and start times. :) I literally spent the day today reading journal and taking notes! :) So much information. I also started a journal. I suppose that would be a good way to follow each other. WIll you be doing one? Robinsnest, I tried to send a private message to someone and it would not work for me either. I am not sure why...?? Strange!

robinsnest
Mon, Aug-15-11, 06:49
We can do journals, although I haven't looked at that yet either. Are we allowed to give out our "real" email addresses on here. I don't want to break any rules. I'm up for anything!

Mom2Alex
Mon, Aug-15-11, 11:04
I will have to look into the journals as well. Still trying to get my feet wet being new to these boards. I have been doing a journal off line. Its funny, but the journals are a really good idea. It really makes you see how you are doing and feeling on a daily basis. It also seems to help keep you going through the ups and downs!

Brinethery
Mon, Aug-15-11, 11:22
Don't think I will be able to get to the 130's, though!

Never say never! I made a thread in the general low-carb discussion board and everyone says that those last ten take the longest to come off. My feeling is this... if they came off for other people, they can come off for me... eventually. I'll consider the last ten as the ultimate weightloss challenge... like climbing mount Everest, or the north face of the Eiger.

Btw, has anyone ever read Monica Seles' autobiography? I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with weight to lose. She's so refreshingly honest about her struggles and how eating took over her life. I think I might read it a second time around...

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Grip-Body-Mind-Self/dp/B0043RT8S6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313428857&sr=8-1