PDA

View Full Version : Not new but have been gone a long time :(

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PghLady74
Wed, Aug-03-11, 11:22
I have done LC more than a few times in the past and keep screwing up. I have come to the realization that I am severely addicted to sugar and carbs. They are seriously like drugs to me.
I currently weigh 230lb which is the most I have ever weighed in my life! My bf weighs less than me!! I feel like crap and know I look like crap. Joints ache and allergies are bad.
I need to get back to LC and soon. I need to get prepared mentally and food wise. I get paid Friday and am making my shopping list.
Is anyone else on here addicted like me? Or anyone really gotten control over the addiction?
I am going to start a new journal if anyone would like to share their story with me or would like to just share support with this addiction.

OneLove19
Wed, Aug-03-11, 13:38
Hi,
I am there with you. I too weigh more than my husband and have felt the same way. I try and stop-try and stop again and I am trying again. Let's get it done. My current weight is 245lb and I need to lose 115lbs. My goal is to be under 199lbs by New Years Eve.
It's time for us to look at the alternatives when we crave the carbs and the sugar and if we happen to indulge work on moderation and get back on board.
The funny thing is I can give great advice and I allow stress to kill my health slowly with the decisions I make when I want to lose control.
So, I say to you welcome back and embrace the you which you are today and loook inside and see the true you who exist; just waiting to peel off the addictions which is weighing us down.
It will not be easy; but it will be worth saving our lives! :)

One Love!

PghLady74
Wed, Aug-03-11, 13:57
:wave: Onelove! Thanks for the words and welcome to the site!!