PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DebbiAnn
Sun, Jul-31-11, 10:52
Hi
I have been on and off a low carb diet for years. I read Eat Fat Get Thin, which allows you more carbs than Atkins. I thought that it would work better for me. At age 67 and only 5'4", I am back at my highest weight. I am retired and eat out a lot, both with friends and just my husband because I just don't want to cook.

I have a question about carbs and EFGT. It doesn't mention whether they are real carbs or net carbs. It would really help me stay on track.

Hope to get to know you. and looking forward to your support.

Thanks
Deb

Elizellen
Sun, Jul-31-11, 13:33
Hi Deb :wave: welcome to the board!

Is that the Barry Groves book? If so you could always ask him for clarification using the contact form on his website
http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/contact.html

DebbiAnn
Sun, Jul-31-11, 14:37
Thanks, I didn't realize he actually had a website. I have the book on my Kindle and sometimes it is hard to go back and look at certain sections.

Deb

DebbiAnn
Mon, Aug-01-11, 10:35
I got an answer back from Barry and it is net carbs. 60 net carbs seems high to me, but I like the fact that I can have carrots, corn, or potatoes once in a while and still loose weight.

Thanks again for sharing that web site

Deb

A_New_Life
Mon, Aug-01-11, 12:14
Hello and Welcome!!!