PDA

View Full Version : LC for cruise (and healthier life)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BamaBunny
Thu, Jul-21-11, 16:25
Howdy!

I have been reading this forum for a while, but just now decided to stop lurking and say HI :wave:

I started LC 7/17/2011, 5 months to the day till a very needed cruise. On April 27th of this year, our apartment was completely destroyed by a very powerful F4 tornado. We were in the apartment at the time, and the only room standing in the entire 2 story building was our bathroom! Other than losing one of our bunnies to injuries suffered from the tornado, we consider ourselves blessed.

Well, living in a hotel for over a month kinda does bad to your body, and definitely did mine. I regained 20lbs that I had lost a year ago, and my new clothes felt tight (had to buy whole new wardrobe from tornado).

Anyways, long story short (I know, too late) my hubby and I booked a very needed break in December with a cruise to Cozumel. I am super excited and definitely want to be a smaller size before I get on board.

I have done Atkins before, but now I have decided to take it seriously and get on track! It's day 5, and I have lost 8lbs!! I know most of that is water weight, but I am super excited!! :D

Hopefully you will see more (and less) of me!!

Bye for now!! :wave:

Elizellen
Fri, Jul-22-11, 04:16
Hi Bama! :wave: Welcome to the board.

Wow, you have been through it recently! I am glad you have been able to book a cruise to look forward to.

Well done so far on your progress! :thup: