PDA

View Full Version : New and having mixed feelings.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Depree23
Sat, Jul-09-11, 23:52
;)

Good night everyone!
My name is Depree and I am single mother to three great children--ages 6, 5, and 2. I am grateful that I stumbed upon this website as I know that I am always feeling so much better when I am lowcarbing. This time I am deciding to do the atkins plan. I have become depressed so much as I miss my kids, especially when I have to do long hours at work--and I just get so busy and worn out between church, cub scouts and just life. When I am choosing to eat healthier I am a happier mom and my children are happier too! I am a little scared as this is going to be the first time in my life, I have actually done something for me. I have always struggled with my weight and now I am going to take charge of it. I am glad that I found a supportive netowork.

Thank you,
D. :D

kimbat06
Sun, Jul-10-11, 01:15
Hi Depree, and welcome! I can relate with being so wrapped up in your kids that you tend to forget about yourself along the way. I lurk here a lot, but just wanted to pop in and say you aren't alone in this! It feels good to think I am finally doing something for myself for once. We deserve it though, mama! Great job in taking the first step towards the rest of your new, healthy life :). We can do this!

chysmith
Sun, Jul-10-11, 01:18
Welcome D! :wave:

So glad that you are doing something for yourself! As mothers, it can be hard to put yourself before your kids, but by taking care of yourself, you can better take care of your children. So in a way, you are doing this for them too! ;)

gonwtwindo
Sun, Jul-10-11, 01:23
Welcome!

I remember those busy days well. My youngest is 20 now, but he and his 26 year old brother are still at home. I'm not complaining, I love being a mom.

Anyway your busy life presents challenges, but it's doable. Make weekends your time to plan your meals for the week...even if they are take-out. If you cook, make a low carb meal for everybody, with rice/potato/whatever for them. That always worked well for me.

Rid the house of any snacks, ice cream, etc., that you will eat. I buy only stuff I'm not a fan of, for them.

I find keeping a pitcher of Crystal Light in the fridge helps.

I can't have many cereals in the house...again, only stuff I don't like. They don't seem to mind.

Read around on this site as much as you can! Lunch hour?

Wishing you success!

algts
Sun, Jul-10-11, 10:42
Hi neighbor! Welcome. Being busy has been my downfall, too. With prior planning, it is possible to stay lower carb. Best weight loss wishes!