PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Aunt Bea
Mon, Jul-04-11, 15:58
I found this website today while searching for why isn't the scale moving. I hope that there will be wonderful and helpful tips on here. I have my daughters wedding on the 30th of this month and can't find a dress. I am between sizes and the scale won't lose. help!!! Oh and by the way... I'm on Atkins induction phase.

mainecyn
Mon, Jul-04-11, 16:03
Welcome to the board. How long have you been following induction, is it your first time on atkins? What about your meals, exercise, and fluid intake? All reasons the scale moves, or doesn't.

Aunt Bea
Mon, Jul-04-11, 19:05
I tried Atkins several years ago and lost in the 1st two weeks, but then nothing and gave up. I have been doing induction for about 2 months now. I am drinking lots of water and I think my meals are OK. One thing that I'm not doing is exercising. Typical day of meals is: bacon or eggs for breakfast with a cup of Chai tea with 2 Tbls. of heavy cream with 2 tsp Coconut Oil. Midmorning snack of cucumbers and ranch dressing. Lunch will be some sausage with cheese or salad with chicken or tuna with mayo. Dinner is usually a salad again or some kind of meat. A few peanuts for a snack after dinner or another cup of tea as mentioned above. My calorie intake is about 1500 a day. Someone told me to increase my fats so I started with the tea and coconut oil. Thoughts?