PDA

View Full Version : Cornish Babe newbie.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

duloe
Mon, Jul-04-11, 15:21
Hi, I have just discovered this site, and can see that its just up my street. I am from Cornwall in the UK.

I am 67 this month, and for 48yrs of that I have been a dieter.

However just in the last few days, I have made the decision that losing weight is no longer going to be my priority. I just want to stay the weight I am and get on with my life. I made this decision after visiting my GP and she told me that I am exactly the same weight as I was in 2008. So its a bit pointless losing it only to put it on again.

I have been a low carber now for two and half years, and like this way of living. I dont feel hungry between meals and enjoy eating the foods that I can. They are meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, and berries. I am going to try adding in a few nuts and seeds soon as an experiment.

I have weighed myself daily for years and years, but now I am only going to weigh once a week.

My body is a complete mess because of chronic dieting and a very low calorie regime most of my life. At times when I havent dieted I have just binged my way through until I start the next diet.

I now follow The Harcombe Diet, and have worked with her on line to discover exactly what I can eat, without putting on weight.

I am really pleased to have discovered this site and look forward to lots of reading and communicating. Obesity is my favourite subject because I find it so interesting and would like to help others to find the answer to their weight problems. :wave:

mainecyn
Mon, Jul-04-11, 16:06
Welcome to the board. I understand what you are saying about dieting and how it has been a large part of your life. I have gained and lost enough weight over the past ten years to make two small children..I've lost over 80 lbs twice. It does become chronic and so ingrained. I also understand the binging. I wish you the best. I know from experience that maintaining can be extremely difficult, the most difficult part of dieting.