PDA

View Full Version : A little intro! And help please.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

static0220
Mon, Jul-04-11, 15:07
Hello new friends! My name is Christine. I am a female (hey, you never know) and I am 21 years of age. I am a struggling student at the moment, who has been "dieting" for over five years now. I would like to think of it as "living" but in order to simplify for metabolically gifted people who cannot think outside of eating norms, I call it dieting. I'm sure you all understand. Anyway, since I've started lifestyle changing and being more weight conscious, I've lost close to 80 lbs of weight. But I was over 200 awhile back, that was old news.

It started out with my doctor recommending me a LOW GI diet. I basically lowered the fats, substantially lowered complex carbs, starches and refined sugars were ruled out. I ate lean proteins, stone ground whole grains or pumpernickle, ridiculous amounts of greens and plenty of fruits. Very effective, and it taught me so much about being aware of what I'm putting in and putting out.

However, the lowest weight I have ever got to without doing low-carb was 155. I gained a little bit over the past few years, got up to 175 (this was two summers ago, I wasn't eating more than 1800 calories a day, just very very high carbs) and then got back down to 155, dabbled in what I thought was the Atkins diet. I say that because I never once read the book, only read the induction plan off of some search engine and basically gave myself a license to gorge in meat and fats, hardly any veggies. I might've lost a bit, but I slowly gained it back. Basically stayed at that 155.

For the past few months I've been incorporating more exercise, not eating complex carbs at all but not really following anything. For the past few weeks I've been counting my calories, eating only romaine lettuce as a source of carbs (not exceeding 30 g of carbs), eating low fat proteins, cold pressed oils now and then but basically... and yes, you may scold me, eating under 900 calories a day. I am not in ketosis. I am not following anything. IF I could compare it to anything, (my aunt told me this who lost 70 lbs on the Bernstein's diet) I would compare it to the Bernstein's diet.

I weighed myself last Tuesday morning and I was at 139, so I have lost weight. And I wasn't surprised because I knew from the dropped dress sizes, however, I know this is not right. So this is my question:

After fully reading every single page of The New Atkin's Revolution, I am understanding all of my past mistakes and what I am doing, even though it may seem effective, will not be beneficial in the long run. I know low-carb is very effective with my health history and metabolism, and I really want to do this. However, if I start induction (properly, haha) will I gain weight because of how much I've been limiting myself? I have made a fitday and played with a meal plan, and let's say, if I kept my calories at 1300 but still following the Atkin's fat/protein/carb ratio, for 14 day induction, would I gain? What do you think about all of this? I would appreciate any sort of advice.