PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ORnita
Wed, Jun-29-11, 12:04
Hi, all. My name is Nita and I'm on the Oregon coast. And I'm old...lol...so will be looking for the over 60 crowd (I just read some before I joined). I'm 69, a gramma and great gramma.

And I never give up. The only way you fail is to quit trying. So I started trying to eat right...again. I'm going low carb, because that seems to work best for me. Especially to get rid of the carb cravings. I'm a carb junkie.

So, that's me. I know I'll be inspired to hang on by reading here daily.

Thanks for having me. Nita

teresaw
Wed, Jun-29-11, 12:38
Hi, Nita, even if your old, you can come join us :lol: :lol: welcome to the site, there's so much here to help you. Good luck.. :wave:

freckles
Wed, Jun-29-11, 19:33
Hi, Nita, and welcome! Reading and participating here daily helps to keep me on track. Glad you found us!

dlynnRN
Wed, Jun-29-11, 21:22
Welcome! You are never too old. I think its great you are jumping back on the wagon. :)

llmckeane
Thu, Jun-30-11, 13:23
Welcome Nita! I am in Southern Oregon, so nice to have another Oregonian on here!

true_jones
Thu, Jun-30-11, 16:07
Welcome aboard from another Oregonian, Willamette Valley. I like old ladies, since I am on the way there myself.

ORnita
Thu, Jun-30-11, 18:49
I guess us Oregonians are every where. :) Glad to meet you.

I'm on my third day of induction. I bought ketostix today, but will have to wait till payday to get the latest book. I'm assuming induction rules haven't changed.

Thank you for the welcomes. Nita

Trabba
Fri, Jul-01-11, 06:33
Hi, Nita. Welcome!

Induction rules are the same. Here is a thread with some basics if you need a refresher before you can get the book.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482

ORnita
Fri, Jul-01-11, 08:06
Thanks again all for the welcome, and for the induction thread link. Nita

ldahling
Fri, Jul-01-11, 13:31
Welcome Nina - I'm also on the westcoast, but up in BC, and also old - 58 - and it's good to have you here.
:wave:
Good luck with the Atkins plan - that's the same one I'm doing. Gets rid of those cravings pretty quick , and no more mood swings for me - also a bonus. :cool: