PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lojodo13
Mon, Apr-29-02, 09:03
Hi all, new to this forum. Born and raised in Michigan, married to my best friend, we have 2 dtrs, 21 and 17, a junior in college and a junior in high school :-)

Started the Atkins diet on 4-15-02, today should be the last day of induction but I think I am going to continue for a bit longer and see what happens. Diet has been easier than I had anticipated except for those NASTY sugar cravings that I still get on occasion.

My interests include reading and crocheting. About to put a large addition on our home so the stress level should be kicking in by Memorial Day when all starts :confused:

I have joined "CURVES" for women.

gwilson38
Mon, Apr-29-02, 13:59
Sounds like U are doing well. Its fine to stay on induction for awhile longer but dont leave it too long because it is important to start slowly adding carbds so that U get used to this as a way of life and not a diet. For the sugar cravings U could try chromium or l-glutamine.

disneybebe
Mon, Apr-29-02, 16:42
Hi lojodo13,
Hello & welcome to this forum!
Congratulations on your weight loss during Induction, WTG :cheer: :cheer:
I wish u every success on your LC journey!

Bebe :wave:

LittleAnne
Tue, Apr-30-02, 01:54
May I also welcome you to this forum and congratulate you on 11 pounds gone. :cheer: I am sure you are really pleased and hope that the health benefits are beginning to show through. The sugar cravings will hopefully go away with time. As suggested, try chromium picolinate and l-glutamine.

Why not keep a journal on this site, see sticky at the top of this forum, to serve as a record of your progress, and also to be a place where others can drop in and say hello and give you support and advice.

Every success.

msjames
Tue, Apr-30-02, 14:19
Welcome and Congradulations!!!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: