PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vigodits
Mon, Apr-29-02, 08:51
:wave: Hello

By way of introduction I must extend a compliment to all of you who put yourself on the line here. It is encouraging and comforting to have so many LC'rs out there willing to be of support to each other

My name is Lj I am a 48 soon to be 49 y/o male, happily married w/2 teenage kids. The oldest a boy is a senior heading to Pitt in the fall. My daughter is a high school sophmore headed onto the highways next month. My wife of 23 years is employed as a word processor and is very fit and healthy. She puts me to shame although I say that when she is next to me her attractiveness increases exponentally. We like to cajun 2 step together

I also was active but after 30 years of undiagnosed Bipolar Disorder the last 7 have been a steady slide towards obesity and self destructiveness. It is under control now and I am heading to a rebirth of sorts with my goal of weighing in at 162 Thanksgiving day. I am on track, I started Easter. That is nine months and I am using that also as a metaphor for rebirth. There is much going on inside me as with everyone else, I am working on harnessing and fociusing that energy to achieve a standard of living that is rich in the things that matter and to fully atone to my wife for all the h--- my BPD has put her through. She has stuck with me, it is the least I can do.

I am a creative person with interests in oil painting, digital art and sculpture. I built my own house from my own design. I enjoy gardening although my wife says I can have as big a garden as I want on no money this year. Times are tight. In fact that has become a mantra with me. How can I do it for cheap or nothing. So I'm getting real creative on this LC diet since purchasing specialty products are out of the question. Some Atkins products are available in Wal-Marts but even they are a little dear for me.I am grateful for ebay as I am cleaning out my basement a package at a time

I eat a lot of eggs and deer & other game meat as both are free, We have a flock of free ranging chickens and a nephew hunts. I do indulge in bottled water. I drink a gallon of distilled H2O a day slightly chilled. I can't stand anything else asI can taste the minerals. Dist is completly tasteless.

I am willing to entertain all correspondence and if you are in the southeast of westmoreland county maybe we could ride/ walk the Youghigeny River Trail together

An yan hasio

Lj

LittleAnne
Mon, Apr-29-02, 12:43
Hi Lj and welcome to this forum. Thanks for telling us so much about yourself and your family. Its great to get a full picture of the people that we chat to here on a regular basis.

You have made an excellent start so far and I must admit I really enjoy the low carb life style. It need not be expensive, you don't have to buy any products to do this. Just basic food items. In the UK we do not have such a head start on low carbing and their are very few low carb products available. I certainly don't need them or can be bothered to order them over the internet.

I enjoy gardening also, but do not get an awful lot of time at weekends to do this.

Why not start a journal of your own on this site. See sticky at the top of this forum. It is a great place to chart your progress, but also great for others to drop into and say hello. This can be very supportive and motivational. You may find reading some of these journals helpful in getting menu suggestions.

Every success for the future.

vigodits
Mon, Apr-29-02, 21:19
:yay: :yay:

Thanks for the reply. I will look into the journal. I am also posted on tha Atkins site. Hope to soon have pics there. Like you time is in short supply, but I'll get to all this ASAP. Could you give me a city that you live in/nearby as I am a geography nut and I'll look it up. I hope it isn't London as I like a challenge. Too bad you are a tad far to go walking on the YRT

Lj

LittleAnne
Tue, Apr-30-02, 01:46
Hi Lj

Unfortunately the nearest city to me is London, thats where I go to work everyday.

Orpington is about 20 miles south east of the centre of London. If you have heard of the M25, the circular motorway which goes all round the outside of London, then I live near junction 4.

Keep enjoying low carbing.

vigodits
Tue, Apr-30-02, 06:39
You don't live within city limits. That is what I meant. Although you did give me a lot of clues :) I will locate it.

Another question. What reactions/feedback have you gotten from your coworkers/friends in regards to your weight loss?
I work with 3 women 1 of which is a close friend of my wife. All have noticed but the youngest one has begun to flirt. Not bad for a 48 year old guy who hasn't turned a head in years and I have only lost 17%of my goal. It's great encouragement but that as far as I'll let it go. I have much better at home.

Later
Lj
:spin: