PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

irmaj1
Sun, Jun-26-11, 08:30
Here I am starting a low carb diet (began 6/18/2011).
So lucky to have found this website...have found a lot of valuable information. I really need to lose weight and I feel this is my last chance!!!
I'm 62 years old and have knee and foot problems due to carrying this excessive weight. I've tried low-carbing many times before but never succeeded because I didn't quite get the most important message which is
that it is a lifestyle change and not just a temporary fix. My 40 year old daughter lost 50 pounds on Dr. Atkins and she feels and looks great. This
was a year ago and she has maintained her weight....she is no longer tempted by anything with sugar...she hates it. I hope I can succeed this time, with your help, I'm willing to give it my all. P.S. I'm on day 9 of my
current attempt with Dr. Atklins, have lost 5 pounds and I can already feel
a great relief from my arthritis pain!!! No more sugar for me!!!

texasgirl1
Sun, Jun-26-11, 08:38
Welcome from another Texan!!

irmaj1
Sun, Jun-26-11, 08:44
Thank you.....I see you're doing great!! I'll be following your
progress.

scrapbookr
Sun, Jun-26-11, 08:52
I can already feel a great relief from my arthritis pain!!!
lots of other benefits to follow!

Lynne322
Sun, Jun-26-11, 20:59
Welcome! I am in Texas as well. Trying to get back, having lots of set backs, but I am determined to move forward. Good luck!

witchiejen
Sun, Jun-26-11, 21:32
Welcome from another Texan! I've heard somewhere (I don't know how accurate it is) but every extra pound you carry is an additional 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. SO...since you've lost 5 lbs already, that's 20 lbs of pressure off your knees! Way to go!

meggb
Sun, Jun-26-11, 22:29
Welcome to the boards!! and I am currently in texas also :)

This is a great place for motivation and encouragement. You also may want to start a journal so you have a record of the journey and people can come visit there. I know I have some bad days but I pop in my journal and people have "dropped in" to give me encouragement and it gives me the strength to keep going.

irmaj1
Mon, Jun-27-11, 07:16
Thank you so much for the encouragement.....I just can't believe how much less my arthritis hurts and I also sleep a lot
better without the "sugar load". I will stay on Dr. Atkins simply
for the health rewards. I do notice that some days I feel great
and then ann occasional bad day where you feel drained and
sluggish.....I guess it's just the body getting rid of the sugar.

freckles
Mon, Jun-27-11, 15:45
Hello and welcome from another Texan!!! :wave:

How awesome about your daughter losing and maintaining! She will be a good source of encouragement for you!

dlynnRN
Wed, Jun-29-11, 21:57
Welcome! I am happy you found something that works for you!!

I actually just left Texas and returned back to Maryland last night. I want to go back. Love it there!

irmaj1
Thu, Jun-30-11, 07:46
Yes, this time I'm really sticking to Dr. Atklins....today is day
14, haven't weighed yet, think I'll wait a while but I know I'm
loosing because my clothes tell me....the best part is how much
better I feel healthwise. I once left texas too, many years ago,
and spent a year in North Carolina. I missed Texas even though NC was a beautiful state. When I came back after a year, and drove into Texas, the sky exploded!!! I realized one
of the things I was missing was the big Texas sky.....you can
see "forever" here. Good luck to you and thanks for your message.

KathyBee
Thu, Jun-30-11, 10:57
Hi Texas!
Good luck to you and us all!Glad to hear your daughter lost a lot of weight! :)