PDA

View Full Version : Hi from newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

2bskinny73
Sun, Jun-19-11, 09:04
Hello everyone. I'm a mom to four great kids. I have struggled with hypothyroidism since 1998 and have since put on weight every year. I am new to low carbing, just started on June 1. I am following the Atkins diet, I had some great results initially but have not seen any weight loss for about a week and a half. I'm going to go back into the induction phase and see if that gets things going again. I'm excited to have found this website, I have visited it almost everyday since starting. There is LOTS of great advice here that keeps me motivated.
P.S. I have never posted anything before in my life on any forum so I hope I do this right. Thanks for your patience.

teresaw
Sun, Jun-19-11, 10:01
Welcome, good for you.... this is a great way of eating, just cutting out the basic carbs will show, not so much on the scales after the first weeks, but later, day by day, your clothes will fit better, you will have less chins, your eyes will be clearer, I promise you... and I don't need paying to say this. Good luck? See you around....

freckles
Sun, Jun-19-11, 12:10
Hi and welcome!

It is common for weight loss to stop around week 3. Give your body some time to adjust and it will start again.

This is a wonderfully motivating website! And you did fine with your first forum post ever!

:wave: