PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nanarocks
Wed, Jun-15-11, 09:08
Hi Everyone! This is my first time here and I'm very glad I found you. :D This is my second go-round with Atkins....the first time, 10 yrs ago, I lost weight very quickly (12 lbs 1st wk, 10 lbs 2nd wk, and approx 5 lbs wk thereafter) but unfortunately the rapid loss combined with gallstones made me very ill and after gall bladder removal I went back to my old ways and of course regained most of the weight. I am committed to following the program correctly but I gotta admit, the chocolate cravings are killer! I've only been doing it for 2 wks this time and my wt loss is much saner, 9 lbs so far (might have been more if I had passed on the cake at my gd's grad party last weekend, I'm sure). Only 60 to go...wish me luck! BTW, I am 65 yrs old. It seems so much harder to lose as we age, doesn't it!

kaylakala
Wed, Jun-15-11, 09:29
Oh yes lol everything tends to get harder!!
I'm happy to meet you!!
Enjoy your weight loss journey!!
Oh and don't forget to take your measurements. It helps when the scale refuses to move.

rennie
Wed, Jun-15-11, 10:02
Hi nanarocks ;)

The first step is always the hardest part to any journey. And 2 weeks and 9lbs is an amazing first step :)

Good luck!