PDA

View Full Version : Hello to fellow fighters of the middle bulge

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dyong
Wed, Jun-08-11, 12:42
I am new to all of this. Just started the six week cure with my husband. Into the middle of the second week. So far I have lost 5 lbs. and an inch on my waist and he has lost 10 lbs. But now we seem to have stalled. Hoping when we move into the meat weeks (wks 3-4), we'll see more weight loss. I was diagnosed with breast cancer four years ago and ever since then I have seen a steady increase of fat around my waist, hips and butt. I know some of the anti-cancer meds I am on are contributing to some of this weight gain around the middle, but hoping this diet will help trim it down. Hate the way I look right now. Would love to hear from anyone who has done the six week cure (protein power) and help me to understand what is a realistic weight loss and what to do if you seemed to be stalled. Many thanks!

X-carber
Fri, Jun-10-11, 18:25
Hello dyong

I have not heard of the 6 week cure but I am interested in watching your journey and progress. Good luck to you and your husband :-)

kaylakala
Fri, Jun-10-11, 18:30
I've never heard of the 6 weeks cure but it sounds as if you're on the right track. Maybe you could post what you've eaten the past few days as well as check out some info here on the forum.
Going low carb is one of the healthiest things you can do!!
Good luck on your weight loss journey!!

dyong
Sat, Jun-11-11, 17:49
Thanks for your replies. All this, including being part of a forum, is new to me. Not sure I know how to do this or which forum I'm supposed to be posting on. Anyways, we are almost done with our first two weeks of this diet - which has comprised 3 protein shakes a day and one meal with mainly protein and limited veg. and fruit choices. My husband went from 233 to 219, so he's feeling pretty good and a little lighter. I seem to be stuck scale-wise at 145, but I've taken 1" off my hips and a 1.5" off my waist, so I can see some progress. Some of my clothes feel a little better. Have to find encouragement wherever I can! It is good that we are doing it together. Starting Monday, we do 2 wks of a primary meat meals, with very little carbs. Although we have gotten use to living on shakes, it will be good to be able to eat meals again during the day. Just hope I keep losing the inches! :)

Elizellen
Sun, Jun-12-11, 02:52
Hi Dyong, welcome to the forum :wave:

It is great that you and your hubby are in this together so can be each other's cheerleader and support. :thup:

It looks as if your chosen plan is working for you well. :agree:

I don't know if you have discovered the protein power forum yet
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=99
but it might have more relevant info there.