PDA

View Full Version : Not really new - just a long break

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

weisser4
Sun, Jun-05-11, 15:40
I was here a few years ago but life got in the way of heath and now health is in the way of life. Weight up above 200. Triglycerides over 600, can't determine LDL because of it. A1c 5.7, insulin 21. Tired. Depressed. Those of you with IR know how it is.
SO - I am back on the syndrome X diet to get control. So far I have had 12 carbs today and 6 of them came from Crystal Light Pure and 65 protein. I need to decontaminate my system of carbs over the next couple of weeks and get my insulin under control. I go back in 90 days for new tests. Guess this is just my way of life from now on. :lol:

gonwtwindo
Tue, Jun-07-11, 13:32
:wave: I am diabetic, too, and after bringing my weight down and keeping carbs down, I am off my meds. I feel so much better, no brain fog (well, none after my first 1/2 cup of coffee lol)

You can accomplish the same!

You know the site, get back into it as much as you can as it is a great source of support.

Good luck!