PDA

View Full Version : low carb exploration

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rubato456
Sat, Jun-04-11, 08:48
hi;

wanted to introduce myself. i gained a ton of weight after the birth of my children (and depression/inactivity).....i managed to lose 170 lbs on weight watchers but i think i was at my goal weight of 165 lbs for like one second before i started going up again. i became vegan, and proceeded to gain 80 back. my husband told me about gary taubes, he had heard an interview on blogging heads on the internet. at first i was very resistant to the idea, i thought he was crazy. but then i listened to the interview, read why we get fat and have starting reading good calories bad calories. went on atkins, and within 6 days i lost 10 lbs!! but after that my weight loss has stopped. it's been about 3 weeks since i started atkins and i'm trying to figure out why i'm not losing anymore.

so here i am. i totally believe in the lo carb reasoning, but i'm not sure if i should be doing the diet that gary taubes mentions, limiting heavy creme to 4 tb a day, or the optimal diet of Jan Kwasniewski

NortonMan
Sat, Jun-04-11, 09:53
You might benefit from reading the Atkins book. The earlier versions are better than the most recent one, I hear. Welcome!

kaylakala
Sat, Jun-04-11, 10:02
I totally understand where you are coming from. Atkins has eliminated my depression except for a couple days around my TOM.
It will really help you if you do it correctly.
I'm old school atkins I really love it.
Good luck on your journey!

rubato456
Sun, Jun-05-11, 08:35
norton man; i did read the new atkins book, cover to cover; forgot to mention that.....thanks all for your replies!

rubato456
Sun, Jun-05-11, 08:36
i've looked for the old style atkins and can't seem to find that book, any suggestions?

kaylakala
Sun, Jun-05-11, 13:53
half.com is awesome place to buy books an the internet really cheap! I'm in college and its saved me tons!!

I hope things are going well with you!!