PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

trainguy91
Sat, Jun-04-11, 05:28
Hello! I'm 47 and have battled weight all my adult life. I grew up and have lived either being on a diet or feeling guilty about not being on one pretty much since I can remember. I did Body For Life for quite a while and got in the best shape of my life, but the constant thinking about every single bite of food just wore on me, so it got to the point where one free day turned into two, which turned into three, which turned into gaining almost all the weight I had lost back.

Then I read Why We Get Fat And What to Do About It and I'm pretty sure it's changed my life. Somehow, I didn't get the carb cravings I feared I would and have not struggled since I started in late February. I've lost 27 pounds and am feeling better all the time. I'm able to work out strenuously without the ravenous hunger that used to come because of sugar lows and have started running again, with a goal of running in half marathons again.

So I'm excited to have this site to give me ideas for new ways to stick to eating low carb but also eat things I enjoy. I've already gotten an amazing pork rind french toast recipe from here that was the best thing I've eaten in months. I also know that I will need help with motivation from time to time and I hope this site can help with that.

teresaw
Sat, Jun-04-11, 07:56
Hello and welcome to all that this site can give. I have only been here a short time, but the people here are both friendly and informative. It really is the best site I've come across, not just to do with weight loss, but life in general... and I am a " non participating type of person ". Good luck to us all...