PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Queensland Australia

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

willowcat
Fri, Jun-03-11, 23:14
Hello all
I'm starting a LC lifestyle . I did this over ten years ago, and I should never have fallen off the wagon. I think I'm going to find weight loss a little slower as I'm now in my late forties, but I know this is the only way of eating that really works for me.
I look forward to meeting you all.
:)

Tinytan
Sat, Jun-04-11, 02:56
hey there welcome!!! I'm from Melbourne and have been visiting this site for a couple of years now. I have been maintaining now for a few years and LC is definatley my way of life. Just keep low on the sugars anh high on the fats and you will be fine. I still have my 85% lindt choc every day too!!!!

gonwtwindo
Sat, Jun-04-11, 03:13
Hi Willowcat! :wave:

You've got company here - I am 58 & on my 2nd time around. It is definitely harder for me to lose now.

Read around a lot on the boards...start a journal, join a Challenge. :)

Welcome & hope you find support and inspiration to help you get to your goal!

willowcat
Sun, Jun-05-11, 15:55
Hello and thank you to the both of you. I think I will check in regularly to keep me motivated. I'm feeling much better now I'm in the second week.
The first one, I was really feeling rather yuck. However I' m sticking to it this time, as it worked so incredibly well for me the first time around.
Cheers and thanks for the welcome :)

weisser4
Sun, Jun-05-11, 17:32
Welcome. My 2nd time around as well.

willowcat
Mon, Jun-06-11, 21:01
Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one. So far I'm very happy with how things are progressing

ldahling
Mon, Jun-06-11, 23:18
Hallo! My 2nd time around as well. Now 58 and the going is slower, but I feel great and I already look better after only 3 weeks. Puffiness is gone.
Hopefully we can help one another.

willowcat
Tue, Jun-07-11, 21:33
Sounds great,
I'm already looking a little better now. This is especially great for me when I go to dance class and I'm confronted with a wall of mirrors.
I'm proud of how patient I am though, years ago I would have wanted it all off yesterday, but I'm happy for each little loss or victory. Lucky for me I guess because it is slower than it was ten years ago :)