PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mikayla98
Sun, Apr-28-02, 00:40
Um, hi everybody! My name is Sonia and I've actually been browsing the forum for the past 4 months now. I'm a pretty shy person I guess. I've managed to drop quite a bit of weight so now my self esteem is healthy enough to come out of my shell and introduce myself.

I wanted to especially thank all of you who contribute to the form often. You folks have answered many of my questions and got me through some hard times.

I've been LCing since the new year of 2002 began. The main reason for me wanting to lose weight was that I was having health problems. I only stand at 5 feet 2 inches and weighed in at 204 pounds. All the excess weight have been causing my arms in particular to numb up and tingle to the point where I had to stop what I was doing, like writing for instance, and shake out my hand and arm to get the blood flowing again. I was having a hard time just doing the dishes! Enough was enough so I made it my new year's resolution to lose weight. Since January 1st I've droped a little over 50 pounds and I feel absolutely great! I can do my dishes pain free! :)

This is my second time doing Atkins. When I tried it the first time I went about doing it with the wrong mentality so I lasted only 2 months. First off, I wanted to impress a guy :daze: Dieting driven by emotion is doomed for failure. Secondly, I just ate meat. I've learned how to eat a variety of foods so I'm never bored. Lastly, I thought of the diet as being a temporary solution when in fact it should be a whole new way of eating permanently. :roll:

I'm in the process of making a website of my before and after pictures. I'm still 30 lbs. shy of my goal weight but the results already are pretty dramatic. I went back to my home town in Hawaii for a visit and my own mother had a hard time recongnizing me. When I first arrived in Hawaii I went to her work place to see her. I walked straight up to her and she kept on looking past my shoulder. I finally had to say something to her and stretch out my arms for a hug when she finally realized it was me. It was so fun, it happened everywhere I went.

So Im hear to testify that low carbing works and I'm stickin to it. I look forward to posting more often and getting to know you all better. Till next time :wave:

alto
Sun, Apr-28-02, 07:59
Welcome, Sonia! :wave: I'm very glad you've decided to be unshy and join us :)

Yours is a Success Story as well as an introduction -- it was wonderful to read. I hope you'll start a journal so we can follow you on the last leg of your journey. But congratulations on the 50 pounds -- :cheer: -- AND all of the health benefits you've realized since low carbing.

Join in!

j. mcadams
Sun, Apr-28-02, 08:09
We are so glad you have decided to join us on the forum and Congrats. on the 50 pounds already lost, that is awesome. Myself, I have been as you were trying the Atkins and then going back to my old bad ways, but finally with great determination I can now say I am here forever. I will do my first weigh-in on Tuesday and am anxious to see the results, but have learned not to depend on the scale numbers, the clothes are the test.
Sonia, I am going to subscribe to your journal so I will be able to keep up with you and being shy, wellllll, when you get a post from Richard and Sally that shyness will not last long. Again, welcome to the Family. LOL Joan :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Melberry
Mon, Apr-29-02, 03:13
Dear Sonia
Congratulations on the 50lb loss!!!! I'm glad you've come out of your shell to share your success with all of us. We look forward to seeing your complete the rest of your journey. Good luck!
Melberry
:)