PDA

View Full Version : New to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lindapnw
Sat, May-28-11, 19:30
Hi, I'm just sign up for this forum because I'm looking for support. I'm just starting my second week of Atkins, so I'm in the induction phase. I've been doing low carb for several years, since I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2.
I keep stalling and craving sweets, so decided to try Atkins because I haven't counted carbs before. So far it's working I've lost 2 pounds the first week, but I've been doing low carb for so long I didn't expect big loses. I'm just happy to be going in the right direction. My cravings are less, but still there. I'm having a little trouble because of budget restrictions. I can't just buy all the food I might like. I don't think I have any questions now, but may later.
Lindapnw

kaylakala
Sat, May-28-11, 20:18
I know its really hard to stay on when you don't have much money. Eggs, chicken legs and hamburger or turkey buger are what I've lived on a lot of times.
Good luck!!

chysmith
Sat, May-28-11, 22:07
Canned tuna is something I have occasionally in addition to the above. ^^^^
Good luck and welcome!