PDA

View Full Version : i have lost 20 pounds this month

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carbyvt
Wed, May-18-11, 15:52
i am now devout to low carb. period. that 1st week was horrible because i love sweets. but i educated myself on what was ok and what wasnt, and if i wanted to be bad a i chose wisely. i have learned to substitute certain foods for good carbs and good fat. i.e. nuts good fat, though i use with moderation. funny thing is a i am very strict about it most days, but there are days where i snap and practically overdose on something haha. i was good for two weeks and mother nature came then i neeeeeeded a peppermint patty. well i at 12 and passed out, i was exshausted. like the sugar just made me pass out. but most days i am good and i plan on losing another 20pds in combination of working out. funny thing is i have lost weight eating low carb at mickey ds because that is where i work. im lovin it!!!!

teresaw
Thu, May-19-11, 05:30
What a great result so far! ... Keep this up and you'll have the greatest success. Well done you!

kaylakala
Thu, May-19-11, 07:15
Awesome!!
btw they do sell lc peppermint patties. they are actually quite good. Just be careful about the sugar alcohols if you're sensitive to them.

Cissie_12
Thu, May-19-11, 07:34
Congrats to you carbyvt!!! Sounds to me like you have this down pat. :) Please don't be discouraged if you don't loose the other 20 this month. It will most likely slow down but keep in mind the inches will continue to drop EVEN if you are not dropping pounds. Hope you do, just trying to keep you encouraged!!

Cissie_12
Thu, May-19-11, 07:35
BTW, when I was working I ate mostly fast food burgers and back then is when I lost really fast!! The bread is our enemy!!!

carbyvt
Sat, Oct-15-11, 23:20
hi all!! i have managed to maintain my weight loss of thirty pounds but it seems my body is transforming since i have combined working out into the mix. i wouldnt even say organized work outs. more like staying active. going for walks, taking the stairs at work, etc. i am about 140 now and loving it, primarily because i feel fit, and see my shape again. my recommendation to the ladies out there for this diet is one simple statement, "one day at a time." its best to have meals planned, only food in your fridge that is in your diet, and im actually not perfect.. i have one bad day every six days, and it doesnt seem to have caused a negative impact. i love my current eating lifestyle, i feel in control (though it is true that some days i live hot chocolate chip cookies even more. ) hang in there i know i am trying too also! carbyvt :thup: